AMERICAN BALL

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Looon
Ranger

AMERICAN BALL

Post by Looon »

A REAL MAN'S GAME!

I just want to know if it is still played.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

You are correct Ranger Zenk. I was always a goali. Tackle, elbows, tripping, you name it.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

june 20th 1990 bldg 4 track.......my first day of pt in batt. i am standing there watching american ball being played by my platoon, when a guy comes running up and tosses me the ball. up until this point i hadn't got much action since i was the FNG. i turned to run, running darren griffin and blowing his knee out for 6 months, then ran smack dab over guder john for my first score. moments later i get the ball again and i run over eichelburger* busting his head open and score on guder again!!!! SFC mclain banned me from playing on the spot! :?
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

America Ball

Post by SkyShark »

is it still played on the grass area by the RIP barracks? My best friend got had his shoulder dislocated twice in one day from the game. (1993)Months later had to have surgery on the shoulder, it cost him though. He had to leave regiment because of it. He just couldn't heal fast enough for regiment. He was pissed. Had to go spend a few several months in leg land to heal. After that he went to sfas and on to 1st group.
It's all good.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

That is exactly how I dislocated my left shoulder. If was during company pt american ball. 4 teams, 4 goals, 3 balls. You talk about one violent cluster fuck.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

The sound of SGT Wolfe's leg snapping in a career ending tackle from across the Quad, followed by a blood curdling scream. Ah... the memories...
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

"For those of you who weren't from 3rd Bat, the "Arena" was this old stone ring back in the woods that was rumored to be where Patton would hold drill and ceremony and events in his day. If running from the Bat area down by Lawson, one would have to run past Airborne school, past the BOQs and into the woods at the curve to get there."

Hmmmmm....So I guess 3rd moved from the 5000 area in Harmony Church ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”