Horatio Alger Scholarships

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

VAK
USAF Veteran

Horatio Alger Scholarships

Post by VAK »

The Horatio Alger Military Scholarship was launched last week and is reported to be the first national scholarship specifically for Afghanistan and Iraq war veterans. The Horatio Alger Association will distribute a total of $10 million in scholarships to honorably discharged American veterans who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. To be eligible, veterans must have served in Afghanistan or Iraq in 2001 or later and must demonstrate U.S. citizenship, financial need, and the intent to pursue bachelor's degrees. The deadline for applications is September 1. Stars and Stripes reports that the $5,000 scholarships are to be paid directly to the schools in $1,250 increments over four years.

More information on the scholarships, including an online application, is available at http://www.horatioalger.com/scholarship ... /index.cfm
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Excellent.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Very nice
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
BIG MARE
Ranger

Post by BIG MARE »

Thanks VAK,

I just recieved notice I've been selected for a one time 5,000 dollar scholarship from them. 8)

yeah I know I need to know how to spell
B CO FIST 3RGR75 2002- 2003 OIF 1 & 2
HHC FSE 3RGR75 2003-2004 OEF 3
CPT (RET.), 35D and 35E, Missouri Army National Guard 2008-2020
USARA Life #56817836

Return to “Post Service Issues”