Sling made by Ranger, for Rangers!

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
B 2/75
Ranger

Post by B 2/75 »

Silverback wrote: That's the spirit! Fucking Old School anti-combat bling. You could spend years trying to figure out what all those gadgets are!
Here's your humble correspondent, submitting "proof positive" that REAL soldiers don't need no fookin fancy gadgets.

B 2/75 is on the right, wearing the WWII II Corps helmet liner...

- ALL THE WAY -
1st Plt B 2/75 - Sniper
Ranger classes 4-80 & 9-80
3/60 INF 9th ID
2/278 ACR TN NG
3/319 INF 80TH ID
4/4 FA
11th USAFAD (8" Special Wpns)
D/96 CA (A)
JIATF-East (Counter Drug)
478 CA (FID/UW) (IFOR/SFOR)
5 SFG (A) (OIF 1)
USSOCOM - Retired AUG 09
Biometrics Mgmt Office (AFG) (SAIC)
PM DoD Biometrics - Operations (SAIC)
Head175
Ranger

Post by Head175 »

no fancy gadgets?

M-4 looks pretty fancy
PVS-14s Look pretty fancy
Ceramic Body Armor looks pretty fancy
MICH Helmets look pretty fancy
Helicopters are pretty fancy

Screw it all! Lets just fight them all with our bare hands! That would make us REAL soldiers!

Seriously, at some point all of our life saving equipment came out on the market for the first time and somebody somewhere said, "We don't need no fancy new fangled stuff" and it turned out to be lifesaving equipment that every soldier needs.

The modern cartridge? Thats for babies! Back in the day they used to load each ball by hand down the muzzle. Thats when it was hard!

Now to be fair, some of it did really turn out to be crap. But, try it first and make up your mind later.

If you dont want any new gear, fine, that doesn't make you a better or worse soldier. I still believe that keeping things simple is the way to go. Having too much gear is problably worse than not having enough. My old PSG used to say, stop trying to be the jack of all trades or you'll end up being the master of none. Matter of fact, don't think of my sling as a new fangled comlicated invention. I am actually arguing that the current issue sling is to sloppy and complicated and it gets in the way! My sling is as simple as you could possibly get without tying the thing to you with 550 cord.

As for no sling, not always a good idea...a transition to a sidearm without a sling means dropping your weapon. Remember todays missions are often close quarters and in buildings. Try shooting off your weak shoulder with the old sling to pie off a offhand corner.

But if you would like to give something a shot, I will be more than happy to steer some of you in the proper direction.

If anyone is going to the SHOT show next year, come look me up at our booth. I'll hook you up. (with a beer at least)
RLTW
1/75 Ranger Batt. 4/99-3/03 Class 07-00
Bco. 1st. Plt &
Sniper Plt.
SOTIC
French Mtn Warfare School
EMT-I

MOLON LABE!
RGR_Dan
Ranger

slings

Post by RGR_Dan »

For what its worth, i'm partial to the Mamba.
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Head175 wrote:no fancy gadgets?

M-4 looks pretty fancy
PVS-14s Look pretty fancy
Ceramic Body Armor looks pretty fancy
MICH Helmets look pretty fancy
Helicopters are pretty fancy

Screw it all! Lets just fight them all with our bare hands! That would make us REAL soldiers!

Seriously, at some point all of our life saving equipment came out on the market for the first time and somebody somewhere said, "We don't need no fancy new fangled stuff" and it turned out to be lifesaving equipment that every soldier needs.

The modern cartridge? Thats for babies! Back in the day they used to load each ball by hand down the muzzle. Thats when it was hard!

Now to be fair, some of it did really turn out to be crap. But, try it first and make up your mind later.

If you dont want any new gear, fine, that doesn't make you a better or worse soldier. I still believe that keeping things simple is the way to go. Having too much gear is problably worse than not having enough. My old PSG used to say, stop trying to be the jack of all trades or you'll end up being the master of none. Matter of fact, don't think of my sling as a new fangled comlicated invention. I am actually arguing that the current issue sling is to sloppy and complicated and it gets in the way! My sling is as simple as you could possibly get without tying the thing to you with 550 cord.

As for no sling, not always a good idea...a transition to a sidearm without a sling means dropping your weapon. Remember todays missions are often close quarters and in buildings. Try shooting off your weak shoulder with the old sling to pie off a offhand corner.

But if you would like to give something a shot, I will be more than happy to steer some of you in the proper direction.

If anyone is going to the SHOT show next year, come look me up at our booth. I'll hook you up. (with a beer at least)
Care to donate a couple to my team for training/examination?
We have been talking about a single point for the entry shotgun/transition.
I'd try one on the MP-5 as well.
Hook a Brother up with your good stuff.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Head175
Ranger

Post by Head175 »

cams wrote:
Care to donate a couple to my team for training/examination?
We have been talking about a single point for the entry shotgun/transition.
I'd try one on the MP-5 as well.
Hook a Brother up with your good stuff.
Just saw your post.. PM me if you want to talk about some gear.
RLTW
1/75 Ranger Batt. 4/99-3/03 Class 07-00
Bco. 1st. Plt &
Sniper Plt.
SOTIC
French Mtn Warfare School
EMT-I

MOLON LABE!

Return to “Personal Gear”