Wiley X

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
GoardHeart
Ranger

Wiley X

Post by GoardHeart »

I'm looking into purchasing a pair of Wiley X glasses from their military/law enforcment series. I was wondering if anyone has used them with much success or if there are other similar products out there that are just as good or better. Thanks.
RS 05-07
1st ID 1-26 IN 9/07-09/09
3d U.S. Inf Regt 10/09-Present

OEF IX - Korengal Valley
GoardHeart
Ranger

Post by GoardHeart »

Ranger Tenn-RGR would you reccommend another type of eyewear?
RS 05-07

OEF IX - Korengal Valley
RiserBurn
Ranger

Post by RiserBurn »

Tenn-RGR wrote:Fuck wiley-x's! :evil:
I feel the exact same way.
1-503 INF (AASLT)
2-504 PIR
2-503 INF (ABN)
RS 11-01
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

GoardHeart wrote:Ranger Tenn-RGR would you reccommend another type of eyewear?
Sun Wind and Dust goggles
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Silverback wrote:

BCG's !!!:shock:
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

RTO wrote:
Silverback wrote:

BCG's !!!:shock:
WORD
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Civilian glasses with 550 cord as a strap.

Those oakleys look high speed, minus the big, white O on the side of your head as a target.

So, you can wear basically whatever you want now? Oakley goggles, civie boots as long as they're some shade of brown, your own assault sack you bought from Ranger Joe's. Damn, you can probably wear ankle socks for pt.

Is this just for the unconventional forces, or the whole army?
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:Civilian glasses with 550 cord as a strap.

Those oakleys look high speed, minus the big, white O on the side of your head as a target.

So, you can wear basically whatever you want now? Oakley goggles, civie boots as long as they're some shade of brown, your own assault sack you bought from Ranger Joe's. Damn, you can probably wear ankle socks for pt.

You've been out for a while, Haven't you....the army's changing fast...driving a lot of us ol SGMs crazy...("SGM the soldiers are issued those now")
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

wellfed wrote:
ANGRYCivilian wrote:Civilian glasses with 550 cord as a strap.

You've been out for a while, Haven't you....the army's changing fast...driving a lot of us ol SGMs crazy...("SGM the soldiers are issued those now")
Fuck, I've only been out for 6 years. Damn, I guess that is a long time. :cry:
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Rugger
Ranger

Post by Rugger »

Those changes are for the better. A lot of the army equipment simply sucks. One of the reasons that we are the best army in the world is because our soldiers are willing to spend their own money to buy equipment that they need to accomplish the mission. That may be hard for those of you who have only been on active duty to understand, but for those of us who have made the transition from active duty to reserve component I assure you that we get very minimal support. About one third of my unit was issued Vietnam era flack jackets prior to deployment to OEF. Our guys bought their own vests, hydration packs, sunglassess, go bags, GPS systems, extra uniforms etc. Hell, I just received a statement of charges for throwing away one pair of my desert boots after the heal fell off of it. Our supply sergeant is a stupid fuck (non deployable) that thinks that our deployment to OEF was a training mission and all equipment should be accounted for.

As for the Sergeant Majors and their hard time adapting. Tuff shit! I think that the most worthless SOB's in todays army are those stupid fucks that run around worrying about hair cuts and uniform sop's during a time of war. Take a look at a group of WWII soldiers. No one in the same platoon is in the same uniform. They are close, but everyone has their own method of what works for them. Their is a time and place for everything, but war is not the time and place to worry about the little stuff. I believe that you get hard on them when you get back home. At least that is how I handled my men.
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

Well said Tenn-RGR.
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
Willy

Post by Willy »

My point of veiw. As a non warrior is. Don't close the barn door after the cow left. We know from news reports their main weapons are roadside bombs and a radical believe that they will find glory after death. We have to address those weapons and find a solution to them
GoardHeart
Ranger

Post by GoardHeart »

Wasn't trying to stir up a hornet's nest here. I read that the 101st was issued a pair and I was interested in them for my own personal use which is why I asked if anyone had some. I'll go ahead and knock out 50 for Ranger Steadfast and Ranger Kilted Heathen anyway. Thanks to all who responded.
RS 05-07

OEF IX - Korengal Valley
Willy

Post by Willy »

GoardHeart wrote:Wasn't trying to stir up a hornet's nest here. I read that the 101st was issued a pair and I was interested in them for my own personal use which is why I asked if anyone had some. I'll go ahead and knock out 50 for Ranger Steadfast and Ranger Kilted Heathen anyway. Thanks to all who responded.
Last time i was at Rangers Joe's. I pick some wilex . They come with 3 diffrent color lenses. I asked my son about them. He said we don't wear them.
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

GoardHeart wrote:Wasn't trying to stir up a hornet's nest here. I read that the 101st was issued a pair and I was interested in them for my own personal use which is why I asked if anyone had some. I'll go ahead and knock out 50 for Ranger Steadfast and Ranger Kilted Heathen anyway. Thanks to all who responded.
I think I'm the one who stirred the nest. I always liked getting new gear. Man, when we got tac-vests, I thought it was high-speed. The 3 part sleeping 'system' was way better than the old bag, also.

I was thinking, 'now is the time to be in the Army'. Better gear, better pay, actual missions, some people actually appreciate you. Now is a good time to be in.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

Return to “Personal Gear”