question about medical combat support...

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
vchon
Embryo

question about medical combat support...

Post by vchon »

hey guys, i'm currently a rotc cadet going through the nursing program. i was confused as to where my career was gonna' lead me, so i decided to ask a few questions here.

do ranger bats have nurses? and if so, do they all get sent through ranger school? thanks guys.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Hey there, Z. Would you be so kind as to make a post in the 'Intro' section; then PM Ranger Earth Pig with your credentials? Much appreciated.
vchon
Embryo

Post by vchon »

i'm male. hehe, i knew that question was coming...lol

what unit would be a good choice as a forward surgical team? thx again guys!
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

"Not many men in your profession, eh Focher?" 8)
vchon
Embryo

Post by vchon »

lol, yah, not many men...but i must admit, sitting in class staring at the ass and titties is great. lol. 8)

but yah, back to the subject. what would be considered a forward surgical team? and where are they located? thanks again!
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

vchon wrote:and where are they located?
They are located in all the exciting places with familiar sounding names such as BIAP, Mosul, Kandahar, Kabul, etc.... and are of great importance to keeping those who get hit by RPGs, IEDs, AK-47s, etc... alive and stabilized enough until they can get to a hospital with greater resources in the rear. It has the greatest medical capability in proximity to where soldiers will be engaging, and being engaged by, the enemy.
vchon
Embryo

Post by vchon »

"where are they located" - i was actually wondering where they're located in the CONUS. after getting branched into my MOS i have to choose where to get stationed, so i was wondering where they are located out of (i.e. Ft.Bragg, Ft.Lewis, etc. etc.) i know that there are units out there in the hell holes that no man should go to and i wouldn't consider them "exciting" places.
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

When we were going to do the Haiti thing we had a surgical team assigned to our bird. In fact he had a folding surgical table with him and about three guys just carrying medical equipment. This doc was supposed to be hot shit and I was glad he was along. He was supposed to be the militarys top tramua doc. That is an advantage of Special ops they get the best medical care too. I was always happy to have a SF medic along too.

Ranger2

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”