Delta Force

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Kingflutterkicks
Embryo

Delta Force

Post by Kingflutterkicks »

After I reach my goal of becoming a Ranger, I wanna eventually be a Delta Force Soldier. Can anyone tell me about some websites I can go to, so I can get more information. And have any of you Rangers ever met any Delta Force Soldiers, if so what are they like?

You can talk about us but you cant talk without us
Signal Leads The Way(31u)
kduhg

Post by kduhg »

jesus crap you're making yourself look like a total dumbass
Kingflutterkicks
Embryo

kduhg, first off how can u come off sayin im a dumbass, unlike you im a Hoah,highspeed, individual and im always looking for a challenge either physically or mentally. And if wanting to be Delta Forces(the ultimate challenge) makes me a dumbass then I guess I am.
Kingflutterkicks
Embryo

kduhg, first off how can u come off sayin im a dumbass, unlike you im a Hoah,highspeed, individual and im always looking for a challenge either physically or mentally. And if wanting to be Delta Forces(the ultimate challenge) makes me a dumbass then I guess I am. But Im gonna be a Ranger first becuase I know you gotta get a good foundation, and thats gonna be a challenge to me. and maybe one day you can be motivated like me, and wanna do something with yourself

rangerwrench
Ranger

Post by rangerwrench »

Don't get to far ahead of yourself flutterkicks. One step at a time. The only thing you have to worry about is to pass RIP and get to Battalion, once there it doesn't stop. You have to make it in Battalion and then convince your Sergeant that you are ready for Ranger School. Those are the three goals you should worry about now. You never know what you will want to go into once you made it at Battalion. Delta might be an option and then it might not.
RLTW
Rangerwrench
HHC 2nd Rgr Bn 94-97, Class 8-95
Kingflutterkicks
Embryo

rangerwrench, thanks ima gonna take it one step at a time, its just i plan to make the Army my career, and I plan to push my self to be one of the best. But I guess ill just have to make it through RIP, Batt, and then Ranger School, and wait for all my other options to open up. But thanx for always pointing me in the right direction.

Signal Leads the Way(31u)
RangerDC

Ranger then Delta....

Post by RangerDC »

Flutterkicks,

1st of all it's good that you are motivated but I don't think you are grasping the challenge that awaits you just trying to get into the Ranger Regiment and then STAYING IN, that is the hard part. RIP is not easy, even if you are highspeed and highly motivated, but it doesn't get really hard until you get to your Bn. At least that is the way it was when I was at 1st Batt., and every Bn experience is different.

I did not try out for or go into SF, which Delta is part of, but I have freinds that continued on to make it onto A Teams and into Delta. From what I have seen and been told the Ranger Bn is a tougher place to be than in SF.

Before any SF hooah's drop me and try and turn me into the "king flutter kicks" let me explain. The guys in SF and especially Delta have much more autonomy than Rangers do. The life style is different and more laid back. SF consists of all NCO's and officers, so while they are disciplined soldiers it is a different kind of discipline. The SF operator's are older and more experienced than the average Ranger and it shows. The average age of a Ranger is 19.

Focus on what you have ahead of you. You aren't going to learn any inside info about Delta on this site or anywhere else for that matter. You need to make your 1st priority showing those in the Regiment that you have what it takes, not to earn a tab but to live the way of life.

Ranger_DC
B Co. 1/75 '92-'94
Sua Sponte
Kingflutterkicks
Embryo

Ranger_DC, thanx for explaining it more to me I understand that i have the biggest challenge ahead of me, which i plan to over come. I just wanna be one of the best, i wanna be diffrent from the other people in the Army, i look for challenges to overcome, and i just have a drive that other people dont have. For example, i see all these people everyday for PT and they just make me sick...and thats why i wanna be a Ranger cuz i know there are not sorry ass people like that. But to wrap this up thank you once again
rangerbatt
Ranger

Delta

Post by rangerbatt »

I definetly agree with the one step at a time approach. It takes more, a lot more, than saying you want to do something. There is no "E" for effort. It requires a mental toughness that you either have by now and it will be uncovered, or you don't. Extreme mental toughness, fighting isolation, but yet being prepared at a very high level. The Ranger Batt is a great place to start to hone the skills you'll need later. Good luck.
Kingflutterkicks
Embryo

Rangerbatt thanx for showing your support towards me, i really appreciate it. I understand that its not gonna be easy and it takes more than just sayin i wanna be a Ranger. Ive wanted to be Ranger ever since BCT,I wish i had got it in my contract, but my recruiter never mention it to me. But I just have a drive to over come challenges and I plan to do that, and become a Ranger. Once again thanx for the support i got nothing but respect for the guys that wear the tab that i eventually will wear. Can someone tell me what PT is like at Batt, so i can get an idea of what goes on thank you?
rangerbatt
Ranger

Post by rangerbatt »

I hope you're in good shape. Lot's of running, X-C courses, pushups, guerrila drills, and then more of the same. When you're in the field it's jumping in at night with a very heavy ruck, carrying all of your gear day and night, plus that of the guys that get hurt or can't hang. It really gets interesting when you get to do all of this with someone shooting small pieces of lead in your general direction.
Kingflutterkicks
Embryo

Thanx rangerbatt, the PT sounds like fun, im in good enough shape i think, But theres always room for improvement. I cant do a million push-ups like i see some people put on this site. but im ake up for it in other areas. I get thrills from the thoughts of jumping into dangerous terrains with an 90 pound ruck on my back, and rucking bout 40 miles. But thanx for the info, ill be working even harder now that i know what to expect.
Glock

Post by Glock »

If you want some info on Delta then you should by the book "Inside Delta Force" by Eric Haney. It's truely an awesome book.

It's good to set your goals high, but you shouldn't get too ahead of yourself. It's ok to think about it, but keep it in the back of your mind until you make it into Ranger Batt. Set getting through Basic as your first goal then airborne, then RIP, then living in batt., then Ranger School, and so on. The reason for this is because if you shoot for goals that you can accomplish sooner then you will recieve more satisfaction when you complete it rather than looking at it as just something in that way to slow you down. You will gain more self confidence that way, therefore improving your chance on making it in Batt. and if your lucky Delta. Good luck, hope to see you out there.
Kingflutterkicks
Embryo

Glock, thanx, i will check out the book, but i already been through Basic and AIT im on my way to FT. Stewart....I didnt know about getting ranger into my contract when i was joining and like an idiot i didnt ask about it. But right now i just spend my time working out, I wanted to be a ranger ever since since basic(which was 2 easy), but i just didnt know the correct steps. but thanx to this site i know what to do now. and i will shoot for my goal to become a Ranger. I look foward to seeing you there soon. Good luck on your journey.

You can talk about us but you can talk without us

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”