Rank gained through DEP

Basic & AIT
Green
Embryo

Post by Green »

How do you actually know that there making you a PFC before you goto BCT though? Does the recruiter get someone to promote you and it is listed on your contract or what?
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." George Orwell
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Green wrote:How do you actually know that there making you a PFC before you goto BCT though? Does the recruiter get someone to promote you and it is listed on your contract or what?
YES.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Poetryisdeath
Embryo

Post by Poetryisdeath »

Embryo Green,

If you're DEP getting promoted, you will be WELL aware of it. You need to pass a tasklist, which I outlined before, and your recruiter will send your paper off to the Sergeant in charge of the local MEPS (if I'm not mistaken) and he will sign off on it.

No clue how the referrals work, but you'll know because you're involved in the process of getting the kid to join.
Ranger Terry Welshan wrote:Run fast, stay awake, dont drown, dont fail, that should cover it.
I just want to do what I can for my country, with the best that I can.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Poetryisdeath wrote:Embryo Green,

If you're DEP getting promoted, you will be WELL aware of it. You need to pass a tasklist, which I outlined before, and your recruiter will send your paper off to the Sergeant in charge of the local MEPS (if I'm not mistaken) and he will sign off on it.

No clue how the referrals work, but you'll know because you're involved in the process of getting the kid to join.
I don't know why but "Sergeant in charge" cracks me up. :lol:
It's all good.
csforstall
Tadpole

Post by csforstall »

Poetryisdeath

NCOIC – Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge

from.
http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1906
Poetryisdeath
Embryo

Post by Poetryisdeath »

csforstall,

Thanks, brother. Now I won't crack folks up with, "Sergeant in charge." :lol:
Ranger Terry Welshan wrote:Run fast, stay awake, dont drown, dont fail, that should cover it.
I just want to do what I can for my country, with the best that I can.
gpatmac
Ranger

Post by gpatmac »

Poetryisdeath wrote:No clue how the referrals work, but you'll know because you're involved in the process of getting the kid to join.
Referrals are friends, family, acquaintences, strangers...who you bring in to meet your recruiter. If that person is qualified and agrees to join, you will get promoted.
4-17IN, 7th ID(L) - 1987-1991;2/327IN, 101st ID - 1997-2001; 2-5IN, 25th ID(L) - 2000-2004
Ranger Class 3/97,4/97,5/97(Grad)
Green
Embryo

Post by Green »

Thank you for the replies Rangers, SFC hit_it, and squared away DEPS
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." George Orwell
ArmyKris
Egg

Pfc in OSUT

Post by ArmyKris »

I passed the BTTL and referred two friends (one with a 63 on the ASVAB so I got a rank from that) so now i'll be going to OSUT as an E-3. I hope I don't get fucked with because of that I did it for the pay plus I think it's good to get ahead in rank when you can right?

I go to OSUT on July 28th and begin training August 5th. When I get to reception do I need to mention anything about my rank or will they already know? Any help would be appreciated.
"Rangers, " "Well, goddamn it, if you're Rangers, get up and lead the way!" ~General Cota on Omaha Dog White, D-Day
kclemens
Tadpole

Post by kclemens »

do I need to mention anything about my rank or will they already know?
They just talked about that in page 1...
"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I have no fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in the whole valley."
-GEN. George S. Patton
Bazooka Breath
Ranger

Post by Bazooka Breath »

ArmyKris... you won't be the only one who is an E-3...I ship the same day you do...best of luck...hope to see you down there!!!
Bars
2nd plt., A co., 2nd/75th

"Eyes Open, Mouth Shut, Fucking Go For It, Never Quit, Ranger!!!!!!"

Return to “About OSUT”