SITREP #3 from Jester44 (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
jester44
Rest In Peace Ranger

SITREP #3 from Jester44 (RANGER)

Post by jester44 »

Rangers, Soldiers, etc.-

Just checking in to let you all know that so far things are going well. We had our 5 mile run this morning and our CWST in the afternoon. Nothing too difficult. I'm sure those days are becoming a thing of the past though.

Our class is already down to 44. We started out with 48, and we've had 4 voluntary withdrawls already. There's a handful that failed the CWST today that were really struggling with the swim, but they're going to stick it out and give it another try. I give them credit for not quitting when the going gets tough.

I'm really excited to have started the class now after being in RIP pending for 3 weeks. I have a feeling that RIP is going to go by rather quickly given the fact that we'll be busy all day, everyday, from here on out.

I'll check back when I get a chance and report my progress. Thanks for all of the support. Talk to you soon.

Jester
Bell

Post by Bell »

Great SITREP. Now do what you have to do and keep your eyes and mind on the objective. You're doing excellent so far.

You are now a RIPPEE

RLTW
Bell
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Good luck Airborne Jester44!

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Think about nothing other than the scroll and beret! Keep your eyes on the objective - becoming a Ranger. The suck will come and the suck will go - being a Ranger is forever!
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Drive on!
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Silverback
Ranger

Re: SITREP #3 from Jester44

Post by Silverback »

jester44 wrote: We started out with 48, and we've had 4 voluntary withdrawls already.
This statement right here is going to be the downfall of all that we love! QUITTERS are fucking QUITTERS! There is nothing honorable nor politically correct about FUCKING QUITTING, so as soon as you realize that you may make all the way. Do not allow your attitude to accept QUITTING as anything other than what it is FUCKING WEAKNESS!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Re: rip

Post by rgrpuck »

oneofmanymoms wrote:Hi Jester44,

44 down to 28 after the rucksack march I hear.
Unless they train more than one class at a time, you would be in my son's RIP group.

Hang in there, it's only pain! I'm pulling for you and adding you to my prayers.
:D

Almost 50%, Nice to see things havent changed.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Good luck, stay tough.
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
Silverback
Ranger

Re: rip

Post by Silverback »

oneofmanymoms wrote:Hi Ranger Rgrpuck,

:lol: I don't things have changed too much...not long after the march they were smoked for about an hour.
Now why in the world would a young wanna-be Ranger call home and snivel to his Mom about smoke? If I told my Mom I got smoked she'd say "Don't stand so close to the fire next time"
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Mercer02

Post by Mercer02 »

Just to echo what Jester44 said... it was great to stand in formation with the 29 guys that finished the road march. We'll see how many can suck it up this week at Cole Range.

Return to “Letters from School”