Regulations on MICH covers

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Regulations on MICH covers

Post by Silverback »

Zach R. wrote:Howdy ya'll. Sorry I ain't posted in a while. Still got school goin' on. :wink:

Anyhow, I was wondering if there are strict regulations on whether or not a helmet cover should be worn in combat situations. I've always wondered why some Rangers wear helmet covers and others don't. Personal preference?

Regards,
Zach
I'll go out on a limb here... Helmet covers are used to conceal the symetrical shape of the combat helmet by providing slots for the tucking of various flora (which the bare helmet doesn't). The problem is that live vegetation doesn't reamin living for very long after it is removed. Another problem is that this type of camoflague mainly decreases you chance of discovery while you are in a static position. If in fact you are moving you become a very large (and heavily laden) bush-head.

In our current operating enviroment the camoflague techiniques we have learned over the years are of little value (For assault troops). The reason is there isn't much to blend into while you are running accross a stretch of barren desert and into either a lone domicile or a vast swath of urban congestion.

My opinion...It is much more fun when they see you coming!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Regiment doesn't wear helmet covers.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

H8 Train wrote:Regiment doesn't wear helmet covers.
:shock: Yeah what he said
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Wade wrote:
IF however, you are attached to the rest of the Army, BY GOD, you'd better have a helmet cover, and BY GOD it had better be fit correctly, and BY GOD you'd better have a helmet band with your last name stitched in the front and your battle roster number stitched into the band on the right side as you're facing your helmet and BY GOD your blood type had better be stitched into the helmet band on the left side as you're facing your helmet!!!!!

Just so you know.
:( its true....
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Wade wrote:
IF however, you are attached to the rest of the Army, BY GOD, you'd better have a helmet cover, and BY GOD it had better be fit correctly, and BY GOD you'd better have a helmet band with your last name stitched in the front and your battle roster number stitched into the band on the right side as you're facing your helmet and BY GOD your blood type had better be stitched into the helmet band on the left side as you're facing your helmet!!!!!

Just so you know.
This reminds me....

Do warriors still utilize "meat tag" tattoos?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “Personal Gear”