Ray80 is healing up and back at it.

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

Ray80 is healing up and back at it.

Post by Earthpig »

Ranger EarthPig,

It's been a while since my last update and got around here. Feel free to share it with the DEPs, because I want them to learn from my mistakes. Since my injury I've been a holdover at my OSUT company to recover. Yes it sucks to see my buddies graduate BAC and going through RIP now without me, but there was no way I have my shit together to be there with them now.

If any the DEPs get injured with a broken foot or something during OSUT and need to recover from an injury, it is not too bad to get heldover at Sand Hill. If you can swing it, you can go running with your old DS's at a really good pace. I got to work staff duty, flag detail, do funeral details and PT on my own. It's been a struggle to get healthy again and I have had my doubts about myself and it's going to be an uphill struggle to continue to train myself. With every improvement though, my motivation goes up, and there hasn't been anything I could not come back from yet just by persevering.

I am at tower week of Airborne school and it's been a good time. The runs are fairly easy, frequent, and very motivating. I also enjoy working with a variety of ranks and the females. The runs are never shorter than 4 miles here. The PT is not too bad as long as you work hard and do extra at night to maintain yourself. Learning how to exit and land was very unnatural, but simple nonetheless. Neck strength and working on pullups are very important. We put it together very soon.

RIP is not taking 11B volunteers at this time, but many from other MOS's were able to secure RIP in thier contract as long as they were not infantry. A new friend of mine is going to RIP as a paralegal. Good guy. Another as a commo man, and one medic.

Ranger EarthPig, I'll write more when I get time. Have a great holiday and please share this update with the DEPs if you want.

Ray
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

We need to start calling you Uncle EP. All the deppers go to you cause,. "He wont bite us". :lol: :lol:

Great update. Thanks. :lol:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Good update. Thanks RAY80 and EP for keying it in.

I broke a metatarsal in my right foot at the very end of OSUT. It's much better to recover there than to ship to Airborne or RIP like that. They can't hold you in a slot there when the school is of short duration. But I don't think OSUT can ship you out if you are injured. It's the best place for a short recovery.

Went straight through Abn and RIP myself after my foot healed and like Ray, went on runs at the end of my recovery to get back up to speed.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

rgrpuck wrote:We need to start calling you Uncle EP. All the deppers go to you cause,. "He wont bite us". :lol: :lol:

Great update. Thanks. :lol:
I was his mentor.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Letters from School”