Checking in from RIP pending...(RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Mercer02

Checking in from RIP pending...(RANGER)

Post by Mercer02 »

I arrived at RIP pending on Monday morning and went through all the hurry up and wait / paper work. We were supposed to take our PT test this morning but it got canceled due to the lack of graders. We will take it tomorrow morning instead. Once I pass we were told we'll start RIP on Friday. I can't wait to get started. By the way, the RDF (Ranger DFAC to those who don't know) is freakin' incredible. If good food that uncle sam is providing to you at no cost doesn't keep you from quitting, I don't know what else will.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Good to hear from ya. YOUR attitude is what's gonna keep you from quitting. How can you even mention that word? That thing belongs to someone else. Drive on and have a grand time. It's the chance of a lifetime and you'll never regret it.

RLTW
Bell
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Excellent.Attitude... You'll do great!!!
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
toad
Ranger

Post by toad »

Don't quit!! Your right the food is good and the accomodations are excellent, why would anyone want to leave? :lol:
Cco 3/75th 2nd plt wpns sqd 87-89
RS 8-88
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Don't remember eating at the RDF when I went through RIP. I do remember using an "e tool" to assist the inhaling of my chow...

Never quit!
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Mom in Texas
Tadpole

Post by Mom in Texas »

Good luck young man!
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Colin Powell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Good luck! Never quit!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Mercer02

Post by Mercer02 »

Well... I screwed the pooch on push ups this morning. Right as I completed 49 pushups and my time was up, my knee hit the ground before the time was actually zero. No excuses, my fault. Luckily, I'll get to retest next week. Every other event went fine. Moral of the story is to never let up until you're damn sure the event is over.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Mercer02 wrote:Well... I screwed the pooch on push ups this morning. Right as I completed 49 pushups and my time was up, my knee hit the ground before the time was actually zero. No excuses, my fault. Luckily, I'll get to retest next week. Every other event went fine. Moral of the story is to never let up until you're damn sure the event is over.

Ok here we go :roll:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Hey, at least he didn't try to blame it on the grader! :lol:
RSD 96-99
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

true ...we will see next week I guess :?
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Mercer02 wrote:Well... I screwed the pooch on push ups this morning. Right as I completed 49 pushups and my time was up, my knee hit the ground before the time was actually zero. No excuses, my fault. Luckily, I'll get to retest next week. Every other event went fine. Moral of the story is to never let up until you're damn sure the event is over.
You didn't screw the pooch you fucking failed.
You had no trouble saying you would pass before you took the fucking thing but you can't seem to say you failed the fucker.
Don't fucking post until you pass the goddamn thing!

Happy St Paddys' Day! :D
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
toad
Ranger

Post by toad »

What the fuck!!! All you fucks should be maxing out on your pushups and situps!!!! There is no excuse. When i was in Basic and Jump school, thats what I did EVERYNIGHT, pushups and situps. 100%, thats what it takes to be a Ranger, nothing less. 49 isn't shit, you shouldn't even have posted that. Suck it up, realise that the mind set is what makes a Ranger, we all strived to be the best. Rangers are the cream of the crop!! No one makes it to Rgt without pushing thier own limits. Push yourself or you will never know what it feels like to be the best!!!
Cco 3/75th 2nd plt wpns sqd 87-89
RS 8-88
Mercer02

Post by Mercer02 »

I passed this time... I'll be in the next RIP class scheduled to start 05APR.

Return to “Letters from School”