Single Set Weight Lifting Routine

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Bulldog, no I have not. But I do not think that the lower volume is meant to do that. I am thinking of this type of 5-day split as a maintenance routine that only takes about 30 mintues per workout and I am getting more lazy in my old age.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
bmf175
Ranger

Post by bmf175 »

I mentioned i was going to change my routine up once I got back from vacation. I was training for triathlons so i was doing more running and biking supplemented with medium weights with about 12-16 reps.

Since school started I have joined the Rugby team and have altered my work out. Since i am playing prop forward i have gone to heavy weight for 4-6 reps and have supplemented with runnning. Ive noticed a pretty significant change in performance.

Bigger and Stronger but I tire faster. Lets say i will not be running sub 6:00 miles as i once did, although I am in the low 7:00 miles. I dont have the stamina but I have more than enough strength, losing fat but gaining muscle... the only supplement I am using now is caffeine, but will start creatine soon.

I plan on getting to 240 pounds with a huge focus on leg strength.
C Co & HHC 1/75
1997-2005
RS Class 02-00

Rangers
Monsoon and cmurder
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

snipe4fun: you forgot to include the link for the sight.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
colek42
Embryo

Post by colek42 »

Ranger bmf:

Try interval training for rugby. Helps you keep size but keeps cardio up. Our coach had us doing sprint/fast jog sprint/fast jog for 60 min 2 times a week. It seemed to really translate on the pitch to kicking ass in the second.

btw. Flanker for Uinversity of Minnesota RFC 2002-6 (except for deployment time)
"So Far, So Good"
bmf175
Ranger

Post by bmf175 »

colek42 wrote:Ranger bmf:

Try interval training for rugby. Helps you keep size but keeps cardio up. Our coach had us doing sprint/fast jog sprint/fast jog for 60 min 2 times a week. It seemed to really translate on the pitch to kicking ass in the second.

btw. Flanker for Uinversity of Minnesota RFC 2002-6 (except for deployment time)
Yes, this season comes to an end tomorrow when we play Clemson. I havent put as much effort into my speed this season (my first season). Over break until next semester I plan on fixing that. We are going into Division I in the spring and as of now I am starting at loose head prop so I will need to get bigger and faster.
C Co & HHC 1/75
1997-2005
RS Class 02-00

Rangers
Monsoon and cmurder

Return to “About Army Physical Training”