SITREP from Ft. Sill IET

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

cams wrote:What a fucking jerk.

This should be a good lesson for you kid, learn to be humble, quiet, and professional, until there's a need to be otherwise.

Guys that have been doing this for a while will smell your shit a mile away and blackball you through your entire career, could get awful lonely out there.
Ranger Cams,

That was the nicest thing I've ever seen you type. :D Are you OK?
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:

This should be a good lesson for you kid, learn to be humble, quiet, and professional, until there's a need to be otherwise.

Guys that have been doing this for a while will smell your shit a mile away and blackball you through your entire career, could get awful lonely out there.
Ranger Cams,

Thats just because he doesnt want to expend any more effort than nessissary

Obviously the give a shit meter is bottomed out.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

rgrpuck wrote:you're so full of shit you should ask for yourself to be banned.
:lol: That's officially the Quote of the Month!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

EarthPig wrote:
rgrpuck wrote:you're so full of shit you should ask for yourself to be banned.
:lol: That's officially the Quote of the Month!
RLTW
EP
One of the many reasons I admire him.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

I really do have shin splits, bumps protruding beneath my patella, stress fractures in my right femoral neck, right femur and left calcanus of my ankle.
...and cervical cancer, and Ebola, and ricketts, and berri-berri, and scurvy and....

:roll:
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

yeah, um, Tater, you may want to think about a trip into town just fer thinking that.

:D :D
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

I bet I could make a run for his armpits and he would pick up the pace.
:D :D
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

rgrpuck wrote:
ANGRYCivilian wrote:

Ranger Cams,

Thats just because he doesnt want to expend any more effort than nessissary

Obviously the give a shit meter is bottomed out.
Thank you Sarnt Major, that's exactly right.

Angry Civilian, I'm not angry, am I? Typically my day is not complete until I've terrorized a total stranger though. But I do have my moments of compasssssiiiiifjfjfj, fuck it, can't even spell it. You know what I mean. Nice stuff.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

IntelToad wrote:
I really do have shin splits, bumps protruding beneath my patella, stress fractures in my right femoral neck, right femur and left calcanus of my ankle.
...and cervical cancer, and Ebola, and ricketts, and berri-berri, and scurvy and....

:roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

PM recieved on the 29th.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
DirtyBlackSocks
Tadpole

Post by DirtyBlackSocks »

Short update, although I'm not sure if anyone even cares now:

Passed the last MOD with an 88 and the Final today with a 96. The hands on assessments are tomorrow and Thursday which I'm not too worried about.

NREMT Test is the Thursday after this one, I've picked up a study guide recommended to me by other medics to prepare myself.

Injuries are pretty much healed but I'm going to wait another week or two as broken bones can be tricky and I really don't want to be set back any further.

Interestingly enough I saw a Ranger at reception today, tan beret and it appeared that he was scrolled but I didn't have an opportunity to speak with him. Battles buddies that I have spoke with him and he said that the training was "easy", I was suprised to see the tan beret in a training environment to say the least.
"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart." Colonel Robert Ingersoll

"Some where, you learn not to defend your actions and just drive on." Ranger Caruthers
Lazy P
Ranger

Post by Lazy P »

DirtyBlackSocks wrote:Short update, although I'm not sure if anyone even cares now:

Passed the last MOD with an 88 and the Final today with a 96. The hands on assessments are tomorrow and Thursday which I'm not too worried about.

NREMT Test is the Thursday after this one, I've picked up a study guide recommended to me by other medics to prepare myself.

Injuries are pretty much healed but I'm going to wait another week or two as broken bones can be tricky and I really don't want to be set back any further.

Interestingly enough I saw a Ranger at reception today, tan beret and it appeared that he was scrolled but I didn't have an opportunity to speak with him. Battles buddies that I have spoke with him and he said that the training was "easy", I was suprised to see the tan beret in a training environment to say the least.
The areas in bold are good for a SitRep the rest is bullshit. Update your sitrep, no one here wants to hear your opinion or unconfirmed speculation from YOUR peers who also happen to know little to nothing about anything.
Bco 2/75 RGR, 1st Plt 4/96-10/98
HHC 2/75 RGR, BN Sniper Plt 10/98-12/00
RGR School Class 5-98--Recycle fog....

Ranger Buddy Tappen, you out there?
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

DirtyBlackSocks wrote:Quick update on where I am. We're on hold at reception for two weeks in Ft. Sam Houston, skipped out on orders from a Drill SGT. back at Ft. Sill and partied for two days in town then reported in on Sunday when my orders stated (per a Captain's orders who was on the plane with me just back from Iraq.) Great town.

Beleive it or not AIT is MURDER compared to basic training. The first day we were here PT was a frigg'n holocaust, 600 somthing push ups, 300 somthing cobra push ups, a 12 mile run and muscle failure exercises we'd never even heard of!

Our bodies are adjusting now and I'm glad that they work us so hard, the cadre here do more in an hour then the cadre at Ft. Sill did in 3 months, it's fantastic to finally have somone to look up to that actually seems to care about the soldiers under them.

A bone scan revealed I have an acute fracture to my left calcanus (heel bone), the Cpt. working on me at PT said it looks like somone took a steel toe boot and kicked it to snap it. I also have stress fractures to the femoral neck of my right hip as a result of having a broken calcanus for so long.

They wanted to send me to Golf company for PTRP but I have no pain and my bones are almost healed, I had to prove it to the senior Drill SGT. by jumping around before she was convinced I'm healing at a quick rate and my Physical Therpist thinks I'll be fine in two weeks, only profile I'd accept is a no impact exercises and no running profile, they wanted me on crutches at first.

Anyway, things are good here, the PT is awesome and we're getting a head start on classes because of how long we're being held at Reception, we'll be shipping on Sunday, can't wait! I've heard the company we're in is hardcore, most of the soldiers I've talked to who are graduating from it went into extended scale PT!

Post more when they allow it.

"Wake up Hero, wake up!" Come back into the light. "
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Lazy P wrote:
DirtyBlackSocks wrote:Short update, although I'm not sure if anyone even cares now:

The areas in bold are good for a SitRep the rest is bullshit. Update your sitrep, no one here wants to hear your opinion or unconfirmed speculation from YOUR peers who also happen to know little to nothing about anything.
Good advice DBS. Heed it. You have wandered into a very small world.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Letters from School”