I wear Scrolled Items - I'm a 'Ranger Fan'

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Cpart84

Post by Cpart84 »

When I was little I used to wear a PC with a tab on it that my uncle gave to me for Christmas one year along with a bdu blouse with all the cool patches he gave me me sewed on. I never thought it was a problem, I never thought anyone would mistake me for an actual Ranger.

Well one Summer day I was walking along at Scout camp with the PC on and some old scoutmaster comes up to my twelve or thriteen year old self and starts chewing me out "SCOUT! Have you ever been to Ranger school?! Did you earn that tab!?"
I Thought he was joking at the time because I quite obviously wasnt in the military but looking back on it I realized he wasnt and thought that was quite rediculous. I dont know if that scoutmaster was a Ranger or not but I figured if an actual Ranger gave it to me to wear as a kid there was no problem. Maybe some of you guys might see it differently but I think that guy was just a rediculous person, If I'm wrong I apologize.

The one thing I do regret, however was wearing my uncles RI t shirt and 1st Bat pt shirt every now and then during senior year of high school. I felt too much like a dick wearing those after a while so I stopped wearing them.

So I admit to being somewhat of a poser and I'm sorry.
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

I was off the computer for just a couple of days and you Rangers have all kinds of weirdos come around.

Ranger2
jptrole

Re: scroll on the backpack

Post by jptrole »

Bell wrote:Possibly?????

Have you ever noticed a field of grass that has one tall weed in it. Ya just wanna go out there and whack it off don't ya? Well....don't ya?

Better apologize and sit down. Standing up on this board requires more than attitude. Or beer. Might get whacked down.

RLTW
Bell

What a terrible metaphor, Ranger Bell, no offense. Attitude is where it starts though. Good/Bad, doesn't matter at first.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

aaaaw, shit. ok, I got some whiskey, who's got the popcorn?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

jptrole wrote:
Ranger Bell wrote:
Possibly?????

Have you ever noticed a field of grass that has one tall weed in it. Ya just wanna go out there and whack it off don't ya? Well....don't ya?

Better apologize and sit down. Standing up on this board requires more than attitude. Or beer. Might get whacked down.

RLTW
Bell
What a terrible metaphor, Ranger Bell, no offense. Attitude is where it starts though. Good/Bad, doesn't matter at first.
You have ZERO posting mojo and are a NOGO at this station. You're sitting there behind your keyboard, probably feeling all smug as you ride that last bit of your beer buzz towards your bed. Nothing but a bunch of 1s and 0s that have somehow manifested themselves into a self-immolating ramble on some internet chat board.

This isn't your normal Counter-Strike/Military-themed pre-pubescent chat board that you're probably used to.

Unfuck yourself before your legacy here resembles that of other, lesser wannabes that couldn't keep their feet off their dicks.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
CAL
Paratrooper

Post by CAL »

jptrole wrote:What a terrible metaphor, Ranger Bell, no offense. Attitude is where it starts though. Good/Bad, doesn't matter at first.
Actually, I thought it to be quite illustrative and got the point across quite well. I would highly recommend that you take the dick out of your ass and put it in your mouth before you wake up and find that you are no longer able to run your sausage fingers across your keyboard on this site. Now where did I put my popcorn?
ArmyParatrooper.org

514th Sig Co. (LRE) '97-'02
AATW!
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

CAL wrote:
jptrole wrote:What a terrible metaphor, Ranger Bell, no offense. Attitude is where it starts though. Good/Bad, doesn't matter at first.
Actually, I thought it to be quite illustrative and got the point across quite well. I would highly recommend that you take the dick out of your ass and put it in your mouth before you wake up and find that you are no longer able to run your sausage fingers across your keyboard on this site. Now where did I put my popcorn?
THAT'S making the list.

:lol:
chkray
Ranger

Post by chkray »

JEEZUS - all this because of some dumbass who doesn't know the difference between a sports team and the real world!

I do remember, though, way back in 1904 or so, when I was just graduating from Airborne school and had my 1/75 orders in hand, I went ahead and sewed a nice, bright 1/74 scroll on my leg fatigues. I went to the PX and was standing in the checkout line, when some hard ass looking E6 walked up to me and asked me how long I'd been in Batt. I replied that I hadn't actually gotten there yet, but had orders. Now, all these years later, I don't remember that E6's name, but the ass chewing he gave me was classic - he must have screamed at me for 30 minutes, standing 6 inches from my face, with spittle flying in my face - I didn't catch all of what he was screaming, just a lot of, "dumbfucks," not qualified for shits," and "better get that shit off my uniform, NOW's." Anyway, I thanked the Staff Sergeant for his concern, and promptly went back to the barracks and removed the scrolls from all of my fatigues. In retrospect, it probably saved me from a serious ass kicking when I did actually report in to Batt.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

C co. 1/75, '78 - '81
Ranger Class 2-79
FRD, '81-'82
C co. 4/9 Inf. (Abn.) '82 - '84
HHC and C. co. 3/75, '84 - '87
4th RTB, '88 - '91
1SG in B co. 1/21 (Gimlets), 25th ID, '91 - '96
G3(Air) NCOIC, 25th ID '96 - '97
Honor Grad, School of Brightness, 6-96
Retired in '97
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

chkray - check your PMs Bro.
chkray
Ranger

Post by chkray »

Got it - coming at 'cha
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

C co. 1/75, '78 - '81
Ranger Class 2-79
FRD, '81-'82
C co. 4/9 Inf. (Abn.) '82 - '84
HHC and C. co. 3/75, '84 - '87
4th RTB, '88 - '91
1SG in B co. 1/21 (Gimlets), 25th ID, '91 - '96
G3(Air) NCOIC, 25th ID '96 - '97
Honor Grad, School of Brightness, 6-96
Retired in '97
jptrole

Post by jptrole »

FireFinder wrote:
You have ZERO posting mojo and are a NOGO at this station. You're sitting there behind your keyboard, probably feeling all smug as you ride that last bit of your beer buzz towards your bed. Nothing but a bunch of 1s and 0s that have somehow manifested themselves into a self-immolating ramble on some internet chat board.

This isn't your normal Counter-Strike/Military-themed pre-pubescent chat board that you're probably used to.

Unfuck yourself before your legacy here resembles that of other, lesser wannabes that couldn't keep their feet off their dicks.
Im not in the fucking army, so speak English. And what do you know about anything? You have everything all figured out don't you? Some guy was being a jerk-off to a kid who was just asking a fucking question and gave an opinion. No one said anyhing to you. And wannabe what? Explain that one too me.
jptrole

Post by jptrole »

CAL wrote:
Wow, you think that went well?
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

SnafuRacer wrote:So you can consider the above post as an invitation to go fuck yourself somewhere convenient to you
He's moving there...most assuredly. 8)

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”