Ranger Poser?

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Snake Juice
Tadpole

Post by Snake Juice »

Well, of course i didn't EARN it i bought it :lol: but thats why i dont wear it on the corrent arm :lol:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

SnakeDJD wrote:Well, of course i didn't EARN it i bought it :lol: but thats why i dont wear it on the corrent arm :lol:
Personally, I dont have a problem with you wearing Ranger t-shirts or Army t-shirts, so long as when people ask you, you tell them the truth. As to the actual award - I don't care what arm you are wearing it on - it is wrong of you to wear it. You run into a Ranger in the real world and he is apt to cut the tab off your jacket.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

It is one thing to wear something in honor of something, but another to lie as to why you are wearing it.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Snake Juice
Tadpole

Post by Snake Juice »

actually i have tried to to get it off cause i thought it was stupid to wear it if i arent one but the thing if when i tried to sew it on i counldnt get it on straight so i had to use fabric glue and if i took it off now it leave all that residue on the jacket i dont wear the jacket in public really just in the woods when i play
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Also its not just Rangers that take offense, a good friend that I work with saw a fagmo outside a bar with a black beret that he just thought had a D.U.I on it (before the whole black beret army thing) he snatched it off the guys head and threw it on the roof of the bar. My buddy was an MP for 15 years; he did it out of respect for our unit.

Fun side note, every now and then we catch a tonk with a BDU top, a lot are surplus with patches still on them. Out comes the knife and I cut every one of them off!!
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

SnakeDJD wrote:actually i have tried to to get it off cause i thought it was stupid to wear it if i arent one but the thing if when i tried to sew it on i counldnt get it on straight so i had to use fabric glue and if i took it off now it leave all that residue on the jacket i dont wear the jacket in public really just in the woods when i play
I have a Ranger Buddy who lives in Houston. I'm sure he'd be happy to come over and help you take it off. :twisted:
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

can we get an AMEN
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Horned Toad wrote:can we get an AMEN
Amen brother.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ranger Luna wrote:
Horned Toad wrote:can we get an AMEN
Amen brother

I just ordered my Ranger coin and other goodies from MILSPEC. I hope I get a few of the new Bumper Stickers too.

AMEN
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Steadfast wrote:I just ordered my Ranger coin and other goodies from The Ranger Quartermaster. I hope I get a few of the new Bumper Stickers too.
Word I got the last time I spoke with him is that you will. :wink:
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

When people ask you if you are a Ranger. Just say that you are a fan.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Bugsy
Ranger

Airborne Sch in route to RIP

Post by Bugsy »

I remember being a young "fool" while I was in jump school I went out to the local px and bought a pair of tabed sweatpants. I'm walkin by cardiac hill on a weekend and all of a sudden a RI screatches his brakes to a halt and jumps outta his car, yelling at the top of his lungs if I'm from Bn, when I say "nope I'm in Airborne School, lol (I'm laughin cause at the time I didn't have a clue as to what the fuck I was doin at that time). He says to me "Until you get passed Jump Sch, RIP, do you time at Bn and then wait for your Rgr Sch Slot and Graduate, I better not EVER see you wear them sweats or anything else tabbed again you got that "mother fucker"! (I'm thinkin at the time, boy did you screw up bigtime) So I respond with a loud "YES SGT"! It wasn't until that very moment did I realize the pride that we have and the respect that I needed to have for the unit. I've met many a person in bars and other spots who "claimed" to have been a Ranger, but the easiest way to spot a "poser" is to ask him to recite "any" stanza of the Ranger Creed. Most of us while standing in formation (at one time or another) during PT would "go through the motions" when called upon to recite a certain stanza before the next exercise but the one thing it did was drill those words into our hearts that remain years after we ETS'd. I've said to people who I knew were never Rangers to take the t-shirt, fatigue jacket, etc off because when people see that and they notice that the poser is a SLUG get a false impression of what we stand for and the abilities it takes to be one.
Last edited by Bugsy on May 31st, 2004, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I bought one of those koool black t-shirts when I was in Airborne School that had the big gold RANGER on the front. I had just got to RIP and we were getting ready to go to town and I put that t-shirt on and out the barracks I went. A pre-ranger student saw me first and was so kind as to correct me before the RIP cadre caught me. Wheeeewww ! I never wore that shirt again.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”