Introduction - Always_Strive

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Always_Strive

Post by Jim »

Always_Strive wrote:Ranger Jim,

I try to go on daily to see if there is anything new that would help me or be pertinent to my situation. I also look out for anything that I didn't know to learn more about the Ranger Community and history. There has also been no new updates in regards to my medical waiver/med read. I am getting a little bit worried, but have to stay disciplined and keep myself optimistic.
Excellent outlook. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Always_Strive
Future Soldier

Post by Always_Strive »

Thank you Ranger Jim.

I also contacted my recruiter today to see if there was any updates from MEPS yet. Still no word in regards to my med read and when I can go down to take the physical and ASVAB test over again. It seems kind of weird that it's been over two months with no response yet from MEPS. I guess I just need to wait and keep following up. I just wish there was something else I could do to speed up the process. But for now, I will keep my recruiter as my main contact. I definitely don't want to go up the chain of command without his knowledge.
11X
Always_Strive
Future Soldier

Post by Always_Strive »

Rangers and all,

I just received a call from my recruiter today informing me that my medical waiver for my Nystagmus condition was not approved. I feel that I was not given a fair chance. My recruiter sent up the medical waiver request with my prior physical with a PULHES profile of 111131. This physical was dated 20080821. I read on multiple websites online that the physical expires somewhere from 1 - 5 years. It has been almost 8 years since my last physical. Since my vision is correctable to 20/40 in both eyes now, I believe that my PULHES profile should be 111121.

I am going to do a little more research and talk to some military contacts that I know. I am also going to contact my representatives to see if there is anyway they will be able to assist me in my situation. If there is anything else anyone can suggest that I do, please let me know. I am still determined to never quit.
11X
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Admire your tenacity. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Always_Strive
Future Soldier

Post by Always_Strive »

Rangers,

It has been a little over a month since my last post, but I wanted to have more tangible information before I posted an update. I went ahead and discussed my situation with several recruiters and after speaking to four other recruiters, I found a recruiter that is willing to work with me to see if I can get scheduled for a new MEPS physical and try the medical waiver again.

He confirmed my research that the physical sent with my previous medical waiver request by my old recruiter expired in 2010 and should have not been used. I was also able to get a recommendation letter from my LASIK doctor and also provided my new recruiter some targets I shot proving that my vision is good to go. I was also able to get my representative to put in an inquiry with the Department of the Army in regards to my situation.

Hopefully I make some real progress in the next couple of weeks. I am still very determined and will not quit on this.
11X
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

Keep us up to date. Good on you for continuing to explore every avenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Dan, any new developments?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Always_Strive
Future Soldier

Post by Always_Strive »

Ranger Jim,

My recruiter has been very busy, but I was able to finally meet up with him on Monday (20160222) and sign new paperwork to redo the medical waiver request. I was instructed to wait and call him this Friday to see if there are any updates. I am praying to God for good news.

On another note, my representative has gotten word back from the Department of the Army stating that there was nothing that they could do. This is a major hit to my moral, but I am still hoping something will still come up.
11X
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Dan, any progress?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Always_Strive
Future Soldier

Post by Always_Strive »

Ranger Jim,

Unfortunately, there has been no progress yet. I have called and left multiple voicemails for my recruiter since Friday, and it seems that he was out sick. My recruiter got back to me this morning stating that they are having a SFC from the recruiting station go down today to LA MEPS to handle all medical issues in person. I will contact my recruiter again tomorrow morning to see if there are any updates yet on my situation since this morning.
11X
Always_Strive
Future Soldier

Post by Always_Strive »

Rangers and all,

I was able to finally speak with my recruiter today. It turns out that my medical waiver was not yet resubmitted. My recruiting station only inquired about my medical waiver with LA MEPS. The Army personnel at MEPS states that it is unlikely the medical waiver will get approved unless my Nystagmus condition has improved. My recruiter, however, was willing to resubmit the medical waiver on Monday, they have training tomorrow and will be unavailable, to see what the official word will be.

I know that it is still not any good news, but their is still a chance. I thank my recruiter for at least attempting the medical waiver. I will contact my recruiter around the end of next week to see if there are any updates.
11X
Always_Strive
Future Soldier

Post by Always_Strive »

Rangers and all,

I just wanted to update everyone on my situation. I am currently still awaiting word in regards to the medical waiver for my Nystagmus condition. I contacted my recruiter last week and there has still been no response from USAREC yet. Hopefully I will get some good news soon. In the mean time, I will continue to work on my PT and study Ranger history.
11X
Always_Strive
Future Soldier

Post by Always_Strive »

Rangers and all,

I just received a call today from my recruiter today. It looks like the medical waiver for my Nystagmus condition was denied again by the USAREC doctor. At this point, I do not know what further steps I can take. I have talked to multiple recruiters and even my Congressman, to no luck. Would anybody know if there are any other steps or avenue I can pursue? I refuse to give up my dream to be a part of the 75th Ranger Regiment, but I currently do not know what other steps I can take to make this dream a reality.
11X
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

Ok do you have nystagmus all the time or is it just at the end-point of your field of vision?
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
Always_Strive
Future Soldier

Post by Always_Strive »

Ranger Grim666,

I believe the Nystagmus is present in any point of my field of vision. Although the eye movement is only present when I am focusing on a single point for more than half a minute.
11X

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”