Airborne School

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

FairLadyZ-CA wrote: However, in the future, when I see at any point you making mistakes and errors on certain statement based on a mispell or misinterpretation, I'll be sure to point them out for you, as you are doing to me OH... and call say you're full of shit yourself.
FagLadyZ-
Let me remind you that you are a guest here. You're treading on thin ice. Re-think your strategy, if you wish to remain here.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
RGR_Dan
Ranger

Post by RGR_Dan »

Flush :twisted:
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)
rangercamaro
Ranger

Post by rangercamaro »

Big fuckin Turd!!!

DOUBLE FLUSH :twisted:

Luna Post!!!
Bco 1/75 2nd plt Wpn Sqd 89-93
HHC 1/75 Bn Armorer 93-94 (after cookoff)
FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

Ranger Desert Sloth: I just wanted to say that I already spoke with Ranger EarthPig on the sidelines i.e. PM and things are now under control. I unfucked myself and back to normal. My apologies to you all Rangers and non-rangers.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Dude, you have spouted so much shit I'm not sure it is posible to unfuck yourself.

Please explain to me how you would know that your unit's Pre-Ranger course was harder the Regiment's RIP if you did not complete or attend Regimental RIP?
FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

BadPuker wrote:Dude, you have spouted so much shit I'm not sure it is posible to unfuck yourself.
Please explain to me how you would know that your unit's Pre-Ranger course was harder the Regiment's RIP if you did not complete or attend Regimental RIP?
Ranger BadPuker:

I believe whatever answer I give the Rangers here will always be the wrong answers because many of you feel that - spouted so much shit I'm not sure it is posible to unfuck yourself.

My unit's Pre-Ranger course

1. We finished Gold Cycle tasking and we were in the field for the whole duration - 6wks total. When White Cycle Tasking commenced, while everyone went back to garrison, we were going through our Pre-Ranger course training. I'm sure at this time - many of you are thinking... wow, six weeks? That's it? I remember... *and start with your own story and that my story ain't shit*. Which comes to mind that whatever I say, it'll be as what you folks did was a gazillion times more and that mine wasn't anything big. However, I must say that this was my experience - and at that time, it was a very difficultly physical and emotional situation for me. Perhaps I could have never been a Ranger. I never pretended here or anywhere that I could. I never said that I was gungho or superman. I know my limitations and I know that I disappoint myself every time I see my limitations. I am proud of myself for doing the best that I can for my buddies, my Unit, our beloved Army and our Country.

2. Our Platoon Sergeant was from 3rd Ranger Battalion - and went to Fort Campbell. He received his Ranger Tab while at bat and said that he had it very hard. He said that him and his fellow NCOs were going to make it excrutiating difficult for us so that we have a better chance at Ranger School -so in turn, that's partially where I felt it was harder.

3. I had the lowest PT score in my platoon (though most of the guys ran between 10 to 12 minutes). With the fact that my team leader was a prior RI didn't help much either. He drilled me really hard - comparing to all my buddies. I was pushed harder - for every push-ups, sit-ups, etc. everyone did, they made me do more.

My RIP Experience

1. The cadres yelled at everyone. Though basic was a culture shock, I couldn't make out what to think at regiment. I didn't have time to think. Push Ups, Flutter Kicks, Side Strattle Halts, etc. I thought it never end. I wasn't use to running 5 miles either - outside of the military, I never ran. So it was super tough of a complete change of lifestyle. Had to run less than 8 minutes in which I barely made it... I hated/hate running.

2. RIP was not only physically hard, it literally almost killed me mentally - I really wanted to be there, but at SO MANY TIMES, I wondered why I was doing it or is this really what I want to do. It played with my mind. However, I realized that if I can finish this, I can do just about anything.

I never got cleared to complete RIP because someone in S-1 found out that I wasn't an American Citizen. So they made me packed up all my shit and go back to Airborne School. I suppose it doesn't matter... I probably would've been kicked out because I'm not as hard-core as you folks. :(

Conclusion as to why I thought it was harder for me...

In my unit's Pre-Ranger course, all I could think about was how much more do I have to endure. It was also playing mind games with my head. I thought to myself... if I finish this, I still have to go through the real deal (RS) and that's so long.
While at RIP, I didn't really have thoughts like - at bat, its going to be much more tough or harder (real-time missions, etc.). My buddies were telling each other its going to be even more challenging and more hard. My only thoughts were - just finish it one day at a time.

At the Pre-Ranger course, I felt like I was in a tunnel and couldn't get out. It's either finish the fucking course or go to a regular line unit. With also the fact that everyone in the team expected more from me as a soldier, so in turn, it made me really stressed out.
At RIP, if I got booted out, it was either re-do the course or go elsewhere the Army needed me.

Gold Cycle tasking - we performed from 3-day reconnaissance missions, raids, ambushes to first aid, call for fire and tactical movements. Since we were out doing training, our training time were long, thus sleep deprivation was definitely a huge factor.
Airborne School was an easy school to complete. Although my buddies and I were working out, it wasn't to the point where we were mentally drained.

I know - I sound like I'm nagging... that's why you are all Rangers and I'm not.

Faglady Out!
FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

Honestly gentlemen, this will be the last time I'll be trying to defend myself against your thoughts and opinions because its simply not worth my time trying to convince on who I am, especially since its the internet and things can easily be misunderstood.

I'm a guest at this site and I'm well aware now on how to act as such. With that said, I'll try my best and then some, to keep my composure while further respecting your comments.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I never got cleared to complete RIP because someone in S-1 found out that I wasn't an American Citizen. So they made me packed up all my shit and go back to Airborne School.
Hmmmmm..........Why would the 75th send you back to Airborne School. There was a guy in my RIP class who was born in Cuba and wasn't a citizen. He was given the option of the 82nd or Discharge. He chose the 82nd. They never sent his ass back to Airborne School. Why would they ? I am calling bull shit unless someone can explain why he would be sent back to Airborne School from RIP!
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Fairlady, give me directions to the ground week training area.

and tell me what PT consisited of on Day 2.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

i got a milliion questions for this guy anyway.

since he was at Campbell the same time i was the first time.

where was Champions located in relation to you barracks5-0 duece?????? :shock: [/i]
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

Flesh Thorn wrote:
I never got cleared to complete RIP because someone in S-1 found out that I wasn't an American Citizen. So they made me packed up all my shit and go back to Airborne School.
Hmmmmm..........Why would the 75th send you back to Airborne School. There was a guy in my RIP class who was born in Cuba and wasn't a citizen. He was given the option of the 82nd or Discharge. He chose the 82nd. They never sent his ass back to Airborne School. Why would they ? I am calling bull shit unless someone can explain why he would be sent back to Airborne School from RIP!
Ranger Flesh Thorn:
You're speaking from an isolated incident, as am I. I was sent back for whatever reason... I don't know what S-1 was thinking... I'm not going to assume anything.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

How long were you supposedely at RIP then? Allowed in training but not allowed to complete?

Dude, if you gave honest answers, you would be welcome here...you have not.....It's not that we automatically assume your answers are wrong, it's that you give BS answers and then backtrach.......I really wonder if you were ever in the military.....

Don't give me any fucking BS either, send "Ranger" an email with SOME sort of proof you were in the military.....

Even better....dude, if you are a poser, you better come clean now...if I find out later that you are a poser, I don't live that far from you, and it won't fucking be pretty, understand? And before you get all smug thinking I can't find you, I have access to some of the most sophisticated data access people finders there are-understand????
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

I never saw anyone go back to Airborne. If you quit or failed you were in RIP holdover on "Worldwide" status.

I even remember guys with Ranger contracts trying to quit in Airborne School before RIP even started....they wouldn't let them. They had to get to RIP and then quit.

H8? Any input on sending guys back to ABN?

This guy is just spouting shit that he's read on this and other sites.

FAGLADYZ? You're eyes turn brown yet? Cuz yer that full of shit.

Flush this fucker.
RSD 96-99

Return to “About Airborne School”