Val Kilmer, douchebag....

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

KK52

Re: Val Kilmer, douchebag....

Post by KK52 »

It would appear that Kilmer has fallen into the trap so common to the Hollywood elites. Namely, they think that because they earned big buckets of money because the can act (or sing or whatever), that the world actually cares what they think. They seem to forget that for the most part, they didn't write the script (or lyrics or whatever). And generally, most people actually do NOT care what they think, especially on political issues. There are, of course a few notable exceptions; but that's just the point. Those are exceptions and they are few.
How many Hollywood careers have you seen begin to wane after the actor/singer/whatever waxed political? Wasn't it Bruce Springsteen who went political on stage at a concert, and got booed and told to "shut up and sing"?
It's perfectably acceptable for the Hollywood elites to exercise their First Amendment rights. But then, the rest of the country can exercise the other half of the right, and decline to be a part of the audience.

my 2¢
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

RangerJurena wrote:Threads like this help me to understand how US magazine is popular.

Who really gives two shits what Val Kilmer or any other actor says?

The same scumbags who elected Slapbama!!! :twisted:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

K.Ingraham wrote:
colt1rgr wrote:actor "Charles Durning". He was Army Brat and served in WWII earning a silver star and purple heart (and if I remember right, I beleive he was a Ranger? Square me away if wrong guys).
Durning was a legit NW Europe combat vet who also landed on D-Day. I forget if he was in a combat engineer battalion all along or was an infantryman in the 1ID and wound up in the engineers after recovering from wounds. I might be crossing stories about Durning's record but he was certainly never in the Rangers.
There is some discussion on what unit Charles Durning served in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Durning" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

It doesn't bother me at all what he or anybody says about Vietnam Veterans... I've learned to live with him and his ilk for more than 40 years.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Roger that Bill, and we appreciate what you have endured. Doesn't keep us from wanting to "throat punch" them however! :twisted:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

http://www.uswings.com/vietnamfacts.asp

Good facts to throw at assholes like Val Kilmer.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Patrick Swayze and Farah Fawcett both showed courage when they lost their big fight, so maybe not all is lost in Hollywood.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

42L5V wrote:http://www.uswings.com/vietnamfacts.asp

Good facts to throw at assholes like Val Kilmer.

There is some pretty good info that I didn't know on there
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “The Mosh Pit”