Living conditions at 1st batt?

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Roger that Ranger Bell.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Eugene Stoner created the AR-15 that later became the M-16.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

blacksrt4 wrote:Eugene Stoner created the AR-15 that later became the M-16.
It's about time thank god. Your answere is correct.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

I will be honest I was thinking man, what the fuck? This is some dude over the internet telling me to first write a one thousand word essay, then he tells me I screwed up and should write a 2000 word essay? At first I thought about just blowing the whole thing off and saying fuck it I will start acting squared away once I join the Army.
Thank Christ you didn't decide to be a moron. I would have found out your name and it would have been fuckin on. But you did the right thing and completed your assignment. Now looking back on the events of what transpired over the past few days, don't you see how much easier it would have been to keep your cock holster shut and follow instructions. I hope that you have learned your lesson. If I where you I wouldn't repeat them in the Army, let alone doing that shit in RIP. I hope every DEP here has learned a lesson from your mistake.

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Jesus H. Christ....take a little vacation and your DEP goes to shit!!!!
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

BadMuther wrote:Jesus H. Christ....take a little vacation and your DEP goes to shit!!!!
Hey it is good to hear from ya bro! 8) Sorry, had to square your boy away here.

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Roger that Ranger h8train1/75 I learned my lesson!!! Sorry to let ya down Ranger BadMuther, but at least I learned two very important lessons!
rangermatt

Post by rangermatt »

blacksrt4, you don't have a hair on your ass if you don't pony up and let your RIP instructors know who you are when you get there. I recommend the following:

Buy a smokebomb/firework thing from some shithole in columbus before arriving. When you get your bags inspected, you will be questioned about what it's doing in your bag. Your answer should be the following:

"Sergeant, I don't think you have what it takes to bring any smoke on me, so I took the initiative and brought my own."
Aco 1/75 85-89
Ranger class 8(&9!)-87
Scout Platoon Leader, etc. 1-12 Cav 1CD 94-99

Yes I know my name says "member"
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

rangermatt wrote:blacksrt4, you don't have a hair on your ass if you don't pony up and let your RIP instructors know who you are when you get there. I recommend the following:

Buy a smokebomb/firework thing from some shithole in columbus before arriving. When you get your bags inspected, you will be questioned about what it's doing in your bag. Your answer should be the following:

"Sergeant, I don't think you have what it takes to bring any smoke on me, so I took the initiative and brought my own."
That's fucking priceless.

Absofuckinglutely priceless.
RSD 96-99
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

:shock:
Ranger Matt I belive that would be setting myself up for failure...
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

blacksrt4 wrote::shock:
Ranger Matt I belive that would be setting myself up for failure...
95% of you are.

Damn..........that wasn't very supportive was it?
RSD 96-99
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

:( That hurts Ranger V-rod, thats cutting deep!!! :wink:
Bugsy
Ranger

Short and Sweet

Post by Bugsy »

This is for you kid "blacksrt4", it appears that you don't understand why we are kinda pissed off at your orignal request for a "recommendation" as to which Bat you should go to because of the BARRACKS!?!
See first of all you don't get to "choose" where you go

Second, you'll be lucky if you ever see the Barracks because you'll have your nose so close to the ground low crawlin you'll think the mud puddle your lyin in at 45 degrees temp at 0200 while you're waiting for enemy contact to do your ambush is your actual bunk (lets just say you'll find it "comfortable", lol)

Third, you don't sound like the REGNARS of my day even when RIP went Regiment instead of being at Bn, I never heard anybody ask which Bat was the place to go because of the FRIGGIN BARRACKS.

Its the "MINDSET" WE'RE ANGRY AT. IF YOU SAID WHICH BAT IS THE BEST, OR WHO HAS THE REPUTATION FOR DEVELOPING THE BEST RANGERS, then we'd all just rally for our Respective Bat's and there'd be a whole lotta shit talkin then.

If you want to be a U.S. Army Ranger then you should get a couple of things straight.

1. Being comfy in a warm, soft bunk is gonna be a "unusual" almost queer experience.

2. Gettin sleep is gonna be tantamount to bein queer (you never fall asleep!)

3. Goin to the beach is gonna seem like a "new" experience for you (if you go to 1st Bat)

4. Goin to RIP and asking about the barracks (lol) is gonna be the biggest misake of your miserable slug minded life.

5. Takin these comments like a man and "learning" what the proper mentality you "should" have, without having to be "schooled" will tell the tale.......... but let me tell ya somethin, "you're not off to a good start".

Most of us didn't volunteer for a Ranger Assignment because we were interested in what the town had to offer. We were interested in being with the best and seeing if we had what it took to be the best. But I already know you won't make it with that "mentality", see RIP is meant to get rid of people who shouldn't be there or who don't have what it takes to make it because uncle sam (nor do we) want to waste our time, and for those who should be there so they can get a taste of whats in store for the future.

Maybe you made a mistake, (we all have) but some mistakes most of us would never make and that question/comment was one of them.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Re: Short and Sweet

Post by Blacksrt4 »

DAVIDBEADLE wrote:This is for you kid "blacksrt4", it appears that you don't understand why we are kinda pissed off at your orignal request for a "recommendation" as to which Bat you should go to because of the BARRACKS!?!
See first of all you don't get to "choose" where you go

Second, you'll be lucky if you ever see the Barracks because you'll have your nose so close to the ground low crawlin you'll think the mud puddle your lyin in at 45 degrees temp at 0200 while you're waiting for enemy contact to do your ambush is your actual bunk (lets just say you'll find it "comfortable", lol)

Third, you don't sound like the REGNARS of my day even when RIP went Regiment instead of being at Bn, I never heard anybody ask which Bat was the place to go because of the FRIGGIN BARRACKS.

Its the "MINDSET" WE'RE ANGRY AT. IF YOU SAID WHICH BAT IS THE BEST, OR WHO HAS THE REPUTATION FOR DEVELOPING THE BEST RANGERS, then we'd all just rally for our Respective Bat's and there'd be a whole lotta shit talkin then.

If you want to be a U.S. Army Ranger then you should get a couple of things straight.

1. Being comfy in a warm, soft bunk is gonna be a "unusual" almost queer experience.

2. Gettin sleep is gonna be tantamount to bein queer (you never fall asleep!)

3. Goin to the beach is gonna seem like a "new" experience for you (if you go to 1st Bat)

4. Goin to RIP and asking about the barracks (lol) is gonna be the biggest misake of your miserable slug minded life.

5. Takin these comments like a man and "learning" what the proper mentality you "should" have, without having to be "schooled" will tell the tale.......... but let me tell ya somethin, "you're not off to a good start".

Most of us didn't volunteer for a Ranger Assignment because we were interested in what the town had to offer. We were interested in being with the best and seeing if we had what it took to be the best. But I already know you won't make it with that "mentality", see RIP is meant to get rid of people who shouldn't be there or who don't have what it takes to make it because uncle sam (nor do we) want to waste our time, and for those who should be there so they can get a taste of whats in store for the future.

Maybe you made a mistake, (we all have) but some mistakes most of us would never make and that question/comment was one of them.
No disrespect at all Ranger DavidBeadle but I was not the one who asked that, I was the one who was a smartass wrote the essay then did not follow instructions and got yet another essay, to me ANY Ranger batt. is a BADASS place to be!!!

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”