SITREP from Ft. Sill IET

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:Hmmmmmm……………………

Silence? No surprise………..
He's probably busy doing another 12-mile run after warming up with 180 pushups.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

DirtyBlackSocks wrote:Sorry for the brief post, I probably should have just waited until today after graduation to set somthing up worth while.

We ended up staying at Reception for 3 weeks because MEPS screwed up and didn't cancel our cycle of IET, so they had to pull a lot of Drill SGT's out of their First SGT. school or somthing along those lines, it lead to subpar training as we had a total of about 8 Drill SGT.'s by the end of the cycle, but things worked out none the less.

During the first week of training at Treadwell Tower I rolled my ankle really bad on a rope swing that had a cargo net underneath, it lead to stress fractures in my ankle.

The TMC wanted me to stop training and go to PTRP/FTU for 4 weeks to let things heal but I didn't want to delay my training as I'd already been stuck here for a month, the weather in OK flat out sucks, especially during the winter to spring change. 100 degree's one minute then pouring rain 30 minutes later.

On the 5k a few soldiers started falling out so I picked up their rucks for them as well. At around the 4k mark somthing in my ankle popped and I lost any ability to push off with my foot, it took me nearly 45 minutes to complete the final 1k of the road march but I made it through.

After that I wasn't able to march in formation, spent most of Basic limping around, I've got a high pain tolerance so I pretty much went back and forth to the TMC for motrin refills and Tylox during road marches to dull out the pain. My ankle would heal considerably fast, or I'd adjust to the pain, I'm not sure which, until the road marches.

I went back to the TMC and saw a Major instead of one of the PFC's about the problem, it turns out I have "collapsing arches" which means the arches in my feet disappear when I have weight on my back, causing flat feet, which make my ankles swell up in my boots and lead to stress fractures ect.

X-Ray's didn't show any problems and I refused a bone scan as my XO and BC told me if I got on a profile they'd have to recycle me. Basically the BC, XO and Drill SGT.s knew I was genuinely hurt for the duration of BASIC and took it somewhat easy on me when it came to D and C and marching in formation.

The CS Chamber sucked and BRM seemed lack luster. Waiting in line 4 hours to shoot for 15 minutes didn't make much sense to me and it seems like they're cramming a lot of advanced training into basic training which leads to poor soldiering skills. Most of the guys here are at graduation and still don't know how to execute on the pivot points of marching or have the ability to hit a target repeatedly at 200 yards.

Anyway to give me motivation the BC and First SGT. decided that on road marches I'd be carrying the Battery Banner, I didn't fall out of a single road march although the 15k was MURDER, I've never dealt with that much pain in my life.

All in all BASIC was fun, but I think they need to cut a lot of the training such as US weapons ect. and save it for permanent duty stations or AIT in order to give us more confidence in that we're able to hit targets at 300 yards ect.

Final PT scores were good, although I only ran the two mile in 15 minutes because of my ankle, maxed push ups and sit ups. CD3 is challenging if I double the reps that the Drill SGT.'s currently use, but CD1 and CD2 were too easy.

Looking forward to some rest in AIT and getting my ankle healed up, a bone scan a week ago revealed multiple stress fractures, torn muscles and torn ligaments. I'm going straight to the TMC at Ft. Sam Houston when I arrive tomorrow morning to see what they'd like to do with me.

I'll be going Airborne regardless and look forward to signing up for RIP, training's too much fun to let an injury stop me from achieving my goals!
Did you think of Jenny? By the way how the fuck is Lt. Dan and Bubba? :roll:
It's all good.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Too much BS.

I think we have all experienced, in person, individuals like this non truth telling COCK HOLSTER.

:evil:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

DirtyBlackSocks wrote:
ANGRYCivilian wrote:Just go to the Golden Dragon (or Red Dragon, I can't remember) and get a massage. You'll be OK.
:lol: Never heard of it ANGRYcivilian but there's plenty of females here :)
I was about to say that there isn't much trim at Ft. Sill, a little, but not much. And that there's no way any of you silly-ass Privates has not heard of the Golden Dragon. Then I read some of your crap in the beginning and realized you're at Ft. Sam.

If you're all brokethefuckup, you should have plenty of time to read your books and know your shit backward and forward. You better believe that those of your MOS will be doing their jobs for real, real soon. Learn your fucking shit and stop posting all this crap about bumps on your legs and fake-ass AIT runs.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
DirtyBlackSocks
Tadpole

Post by DirtyBlackSocks »

Teufelhunde wrote:
When I went in I was at 60% and if I didn't have broken bones I'd likely be at 100% right now
:?
Ranger EvilCouch, just below my patella you can see a fairly large bump where what I'm assuming is a fracture starts. Below it you can see small lines in my shins where the splits are.
Training was a lot easier then I thought it would be, outside of having a broken ankle
During the first week of training at Treadwell Tower I rolled my ankle really bad on a rope swing that had a cargo net underneath, it lead to stress fractures in my ankle.
The TMC wanted me to stop training and go to PTRP/FTU for 4 weeks to let things heal but I didn't want to delay my training
Not your choice Rockhead
On the 5k a few soldiers started falling out so I picked up their rucks for them as well.
:shock: I'm assuming that you are now humping at least 3 packs on a broken ankle?? :? :? :?
At around the 4k mark somthing in my ankle popped and I lost any ability to push off with my foot
:? So at this point we drop the other packs? or are we still carrying 3? :?
it turns out I have "collapsing arches" which means the arches in my feet disappear when I have weight on my back, causing flat feet, which make my ankles swell up in my boots and lead to stress fractures ect.
:?: I endured my entire career with this, and ran several marathons. If you were diagnosed with it you should know what its really called?
X-Ray's didn't show any problems and I refused a bone scan
This would mean that a Dr. (Officer) ordered a bone scan and you refused it? Isn't that like disobeying a lawful order???? The only thing you are EVER allowed to refuse is "to quit".
a bone scan a week ago revealed multiple stress fractures, torn muscles and torn ligaments.
So now we get the scan.... :?
A bone scan revealed I have an acute fracture to my left calcanus (heel bone),
Another scan? We should be glowing now... :?
I also have stress fractures to the femoral neck of my right hip
only profile I'd accept is a no impact exercises and no running profile, they wanted me on crutches at first.
Pretty demanding for a piss-on. AGAIN, if they want you on crutches, your ass is hobbling.
I found out I've got fractures to the right femoral neck of my hip and an acute fracture to the left calcanus, but I can't feel the pain, my bones just don't move how they should when I run.
My patients grows thin.......
The Drill SGT's are definately trying to weed out the weak, this last test (MOD 4) is over 10 chapters of pretty intricate subject matter and we had a total of about 30 minutes to study for it this entire week.
But you had plenty of time to post. And at some times that seem odd for someone under such a strict schedule..... :?
Some pretty terrible shin splits right below my knee caps which are literally visible bumps but that's normal, I don't feel em'.

Rangers,
I was in this kids corner at first, but he quickly lost me. I understand that he is pretty motivated right now, but damn, this kids a train wreck.

If he were USMC I would have to give him a firm handshake and a DD-214 and send him home to Momma. I wouldn't want to be on a mission and be worrying when (not if) this kid is going to break.

Good luck DBS, you need it son.
Semper Fi.
Rangers, these are a lot of questions and accusations to answer so I'm just going to stick with this and try and feed through what everyone else wrote.

First off, a lot of what I said is majorly stretched, I feel like I have more to prove on here then I should so I apologize off the bat.

I really do have shin splits, bumps protruding beneath my patella, stress fractures in my right femoral neck, right femur and left calcanus of my ankle.

I really did do everything I stated in Basic training, it's why I'm so jacked up now.

We were told what we did in reception was a 12 mile run, it was run early in the morning, we started at 3 AM, which is why nobody fell out to heat casualties, no runs are ever done after around 5 AM out here. Whether it was really 12 miles or not I have no clue.

The collapsing arches was a misdiagnosis from the Ft. Sill BASIC Dr.'s, I have extremely high arches and I believe maybe it looked like my arches were collapsing from swelling due to fractures.

I originally refused the bone scan on recommendations from my XO in Basic , the training was close to completed and he told me it would do nothing but keep me at Ft. Sill for a few weeks if I did have fractures.

I received a bone scan in reception at Ft. Sam Houston.

The Captain at physical therapy is understanding and let me refuse certain things in my original profile. She was also willing to lift my profile for the initial PT test so I wouldn't get recycled.

I'm now on a preventative profile which I can take a picture of and post for you if you're really that interested in it, it lists my injuries as well.

I find time to post before bed check, in the mornings (I wake up an hour early to shower and get ready and usually have 30 minutes or so to do what I like) and on weekends when we're on personal time.

Once again, I apologize for stretching things out, felt like I had somthing to prove and I was wrong. I'm highly motivated and I will make it to and through RIP it's just a learning process here, it's my mistake.
"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart." Colonel Robert Ingersoll

"Some where, you learn not to defend your actions and just drive on." Ranger Caruthers
DirtyBlackSocks
Tadpole

Post by DirtyBlackSocks »

AbnRgr289 wrote:
DirtyBlackSocks wrote:
EvilCouch wrote:Huh? How the hell are your shin splints visible to the naked eye?

I stress fractured my shins and they still weren't visibly damaged.
Ranger EvilCouch, just below my patella you can see a fairly large bump where what I'm assuming is a fracture starts. Below it you can see small lines in my shins where the splits are.
I'm calling "TOTAL" bullshit!

This post was made at 0722 EDT on a weekday, that would be 0622 or 0522 where your at, WTF are you doing on a computer at this time of the morning during AIT when you should be getting ready for PT, doing PT, or doing barracks maintenance?

I'd like to know exactly were your at right now. The Bn, Company, Platoon, and Squad your in. And the names of your chain of command along with yours. I'm going to make a phone call.

PM that Info to me.
I'll send the PM right now AbnRngr, just ask that you take it easy as I don't want my entire platoon getting jacked up over this mess I made.

Reading through some of the posts as well I think some of you may have gotten my time frames messed up in what I posted, all of my injuries are mainly old from basic training and I'm in recovery now, I drove on through basic and slightly reinjured myself in AIT doing runs and the initial PT test.
"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart." Colonel Robert Ingersoll

"Some where, you learn not to defend your actions and just drive on." Ranger Caruthers
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Stretched ...?.....

fucking stretched ?.....

You have got to be shitting me ...how about fucking lies......isnt stretched a nice way to put that ?

12 miles...? Son I work in a Basic training BDE.... I can tell you with absolute certainty that you have never run 12 miles no matter what your cadre told you .....I am fairly certain there would be damn few of your cadre that could walk 12 mile much less run it ....and in reception no less....

your so full of shit you should ask for yourself to be banned.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Lazy P
Ranger

WTF

Post by Lazy P »

If you wanted to impress us you would shut the fuck up and practice being a quiet professional. Stop bragging about nothing and trying to tell everybody how hard your life is.

We were all hard once, we all endured harship, its part of the job description and only makes us appreciate the good life we live in the rear (for those of us back in the rear).

Unfuck yourself or go away.

Lazy P
Bco 2/75 RGR, 1st Plt 4/96-10/98
HHC 2/75 RGR, BN Sniper Plt 10/98-12/00
RGR School Class 5-98--Recycle fog....

Ranger Buddy Tappen, you out there?
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
DirtyBlackSocks wrote: I'll send the PM right now AbnRngr, just ask that you take it easy as I don't want my entire platoon getting jacked up over this mess I made.

Reading through some of the posts as well I think some of you may have gotten my time frames messed up in what I posted
So…………………………….. You are going to direct Rangers and correct Rangers now?

If your last two posts are supposed to be apologies THEY DO NOT CUT IT !

You fucking yackity yack and blah blah blah all over this forum as if you are an equal. Sometime soon, between some of your unique injuries and obstacle defying heroics, find a dictionary and look up the word INTEGRITY you smug little prick…………….
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

DirtyBlackSocks wrote:
AbnRgr289 wrote:
DirtyBlackSocks wrote: Ranger EvilCouch, just below my patella you can see a fairly large bump where what I'm assuming is a fracture starts. Below it you can see small lines in my shins where the splits are.
I'm calling "TOTAL" bullshit!

This post was made at 0722 EDT on a weekday, that would be 0622 or 0522 where your at, WTF are you doing on a computer at this time of the morning during AIT when you should be getting ready for PT, doing PT, or doing barracks maintenance?

I'd like to know exactly were your at right now. The Bn, Company, Platoon, and Squad your in. And the names of your chain of command along with yours. I'm going to make a phone call.

PM that Info to me.
I'll send the PM right now AbnRngr, just ask that you take it easy as I don't want my entire platoon getting jacked up over this mess I made.

Reading through some of the posts as well I think some of you may have gotten my time frames messed up in what I posted, all of my injuries are mainly old from basic training and I'm in recovery now, I drove on through basic and slightly reinjured myself in AIT doing runs and the initial PT test.
I got your PM, and there is only about 25% of the info I requested.

Your tap dancing, re-read my post and send the info I requested.

You have one more chance to straighten this out, don't fuck it up again.

And don't worry about your Plt getting fucked with over this, it shouldn't make it that far.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

What a fucking jerk.

This should be a good lesson for you kid, learn to be humble, quiet, and professional, until there's a need to be otherwise.

Guys that have been doing this for a while will smell your shit a mile away and blackball you through your entire career, could get awful lonely out there.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Letters from School”