Random thought of the moment.

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Re: Random thought of the moment.

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Boudicca wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:Cover, concealment and using your sights, work well in a massive Nerf Gun fight against three girls. I even taught my oldest the concept of yelling out "reloading" to cover each other.
That must've been a blast. You had to have been in your element. :lol:
Rgrokelley,
Priceless! :lol:
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

It's official I've become my mother....... It took me 5 minutes to find where I parked my car in the store parking lot this morning.
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

panthersix wrote:
Darksaga wrote:Sometimes Oxycontin and Vicodin just aren't enough to make the day go by.
A fat wad of cash, hawt strippers, and a lots of booze seem to have the opposite effect....time flys by!
Works for me!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Double thumbs up to the owner of the vehicle with a 2nd Batt sticker on the back window that was also sporting the following quote on a bumper sticker:

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
Benjamin Franklin
Jenny

KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

BS502 wrote:I don't get it. I'd love for someone to demand I take a two hour nap in the middle of the day.
I think naps are one of the key indicators of adulthood. age is immaterial, when you want a nap, you a grown up.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Several professors down in Kalifornia wrote a paper on a study that THEY believe law enforcement officers should take a 45 minute to hour nap in the middle of each shift ! :shock:

" 911 - what are reporting ? "

" You are being beaten and raped, ma'am ? "

" I'm sorry, our officers are taking a nap right now. They will be right over when they wake up. Hang in there. Bye. "

I better add a Disclaimer........ This is cop humor ! Not be taken literally. If a citizen was being beaten and / or raped we would be coming fast to kick someone's ass ( huh...this is also cop humor ). :roll:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Why is it that "cop" humor is closely related to Ranger humor............things that make you go hmmmm
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Boudicca
Tadpole

Post by Boudicca »

BS502 wrote:I don't get it. I'd love for someone to demand I take a two hour nap in the middle of the day.
Many years ago, my daughter used to throw a fit when we said the word "nap"... so we just started calling it a "mid-afternoon sleepy-time thing" and it worked!?? Try it, it's all in the wording 8) ... at least ours was confused for a couple of months. :D
To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction.
<2> Ranger Mom
RIP 10-08 & RS 10-09
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

my sinuses are all infooketeddded....and I have a big meeting at 3....:P
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Lunch wrote:
Boudicca wrote:
Many years ago, my daughter used to throw a fit when we said the word "nap"... so we just started calling it a "mid-afternoon sleepy-time thing" and it worked!?? Try it, it's all in the wording 8) ... at least ours was confused for a couple of months. :D
BMNT
EENT
GBNT
Green Beret Nap Time
and I take a WOMAN as often as I can.

Warrant Officer Mandatory Afternoon Nap
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Zumba what a Rockin way to exercise, now I think I need a nap :)
Jenny

dbmtrman
Ranger

Post by dbmtrman »

Bugsy wrote:Why is it that "cop" humor is closely related to Ranger humor............things that make you go hmmmm
It is funny. When I was in Battalion, I couldn't stand MP's. Then when I got out, and became a cop. I love it. Although there seems to be quite a bit of difference between an MP and a LEO.
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”