I wear Scrolled Items - I'm a 'Ranger Fan'

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Ranger Panzer275 wrote:
No one cares if you wear a Yankees hat. Just don't try to say you were on a couple World Series teams.
Or, let's say you are wearing a Boston hat. Then I guess you'd have to say you weren't on a championship team either.

I'd like to also add that I am crushed at losing a fan of us Rangers. Because I know for a fact that we all really care for people who think we do everything for just them. They buy our products that we see no money from, and claim our fame as their stories to get laid... which we of course never do either.

It just hurts.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Not a fan anymore huh? Well, see ya later. :D
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Disinfertention wrote:
Ranger Panzer275 wrote:
No one cares if you wear a Yankees hat. Just don't try to say you were on a couple World Series teams.
Or, let's say you are wearing a Boston hat. Then I guess you'd have to say you weren't on a championship team either.

I'd like to also add that I am crushed at losing a fan of us Rangers. Because I know for a fact that we all really care for people who think we do everything for just them. They buy our products that we see no money from, and claim our fame as their stories to get laid... which we of course never do either.

It just hurts.

Kudos to Dis :lol: :lol: :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

hbe3812 wrote:YEAH I STEPPED IN IT ALRIGHT.

I SAID I NEVER CLAIMED TO HAVE SERVE IN THE REIGIMENT AND I OPENLY TELL PEOPLE THAT. APPEARENTLY I HAVE OFFENDED THE MASSES. I THOUGHT I WAS SHOWING RESPECT FOR THE ALL THE SACRIFICES THAT THE MEN OF THE REGIMENT HAVE MADE.

I WAS AT FT. BENNING LAST YEAR AND THE CHANCE TO TO VISIT THE RANGER MEMORIAL. I CANNOT DESCRIBE THE FEELING I HAD JUST TO STAND AND LOOK AT SUCH A SITE AND BE IN THE PRESSENCE OF THOSE MEN ON THE MEMORIAL.

I CANNOT IMAGINE WHAT THEY WENT THROUGH OR WHAT SOME OF YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH. I AM SORRY IF ANY OF YOU FEEL I AM POSING I MEANT NO DISRESPECT. AGAIN I NEVER CLAIMED ALLEGIANCE TO THE REGIMENT. I JUST LOOKED AT AS THE BEST UNIT IN THE WORLD.

I BID YOU FAREWELL GENTLEMEN GOOD LUCK IN ALL YOUR ENDEVORS.

NO LONGER A RANGER FAN
HEY SLUG!!! Guess what................. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Yippee

fucking

skippee

One thing I can say about the Ranger community as a whole? They are the group of people I know who seem to care the least about what other people think of them. 8)

Kinda like bikers :twisted:
RSD 96-99
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

panzer275 wrote:My buddy E??? has a Ranger shirt. He bought it at a used clothes store. Its a Tab shirt like the fat gross RIs wear. He got confronted by a couple SEALS at a bar in Coronado and he just said his friend was a Ranger. At no point though did he try to claim Ranger status. Point being who fucking cares. No one cares if you wear a Yankees hat. Just don't try to say you were on a couple World Series teams.
I was drinking at McP's with some SEALs and they have a totally different outlook on that shit. I'm of the "didn't earn it, don't wear it" mentality, but hey.

Anyway, we are drinking at McP's and the guy next to us has a BUD/S "The only easy day was yesterday" shirt on. My buddy asked the guy if he was in the Teams, and the dude said no. Then the guy said, "No, that shits too hard, it's just easier to waer the shirt." and he laughed.

My buddy didn't say anything. We were talking about it and I said I didn't think that would fly if a non-Ranger was wearing a Ranger shirt in a Ranger bar.

Each to his own.
jptrole

Re: scroll on the backpack

Post by jptrole »

SnafuRacer wrote:
hbe3812 wrote:I never served in the regiment and Iwear t shirts with the scroll on it. No I am not pretending to be something Iam not. I am just showing that I appreciate what the men of the regiment have done. Look at the feats of arms accomplished by the 75th(Most of you have served there so you don't need to hear it from me). Wearing clothing with the scroll on it is just a way that some show respect for the regiment as an organization and that we appreciate all that you guys have done.
This is some boneheaded dumb shit if I ever heard some.
How is wearing THEIR shirt becoming YOUR appreciation for them? That is just wannabe thinking. So, do you readily disclose that you are not a Ranger when confronted at a bar or public place?
There are other ways to show respect and appreciation besides wearing
that t-shirt!!!!!!!
replying to boneheaded dumb shit with boneheaded dumbshit is pretty boneheaded, dumb shit
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

jptrole wrote:replying to boneheaded dumb shit with boneheaded dumbshit is pretty boneheaded, dumb shit
You've been here 3 months or so and maintained a pretty low profile. Too much snow in Buffalo coupled with too many beers make you run your mouth?
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Ok, Im losing sleep over this one....damn....another fan gone!
Do we by any chance have a sign on this site saying "Dumbasses enter here? What the fucking fuck?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
toad
Ranger

Post by toad »

I hope he doesn't throw away my autograph!!! :cry:
Cco 3/75th 2nd plt wpns sqd 87-89
RS 8-88
jptrole

Post by jptrole »

FireFinder wrote:
jptrole wrote:replying to boneheaded dumb shit with boneheaded dumbshit is pretty boneheaded, dumb shit
You've been here 3 months or so and maintained a pretty low profile. Too much snow in Buffalo coupled with too many beers make you run your mouth?
possibly :!:
Bell

Post by Bell »

jptrole wrote:
FireFinder wrote:
Possibly?????

Have you ever noticed a field of grass that has one tall weed in it. Ya just wanna go out there and whack it off don't ya? Well....don't ya?

Better apologize and sit down. Standing up on this board requires more than attitude. Or beer. Might get whacked down.

RLTW
Bell
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Bell wrote:
jptrole wrote:
FireFinder wrote: You've been here 3 months or so and maintained a pretty low profile. Too much snow in Buffalo coupled with too many beers make you run your mouth?
Possibly?????

Have you ever noticed a field of grass that has one tall weed in it. Ya just wanna go out there and whack it off don't ya? Well....don't ya?

Better apologize and sit down. Standing up on this board requires more than attitude. Or beer. Might get whacked down.

RLTW
Bell
:D :D :D :D
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
panzer275
Ranger

Post by panzer275 »

I see my comment on the Yankees hat got people talking and the story of my buddy E??? and the Seals. Really though who the fuck is a Ranger fan. OK wear the T-shirt and support the military. Rangers aren't a fucking spectators sport (best Ranger competition excluded), we don't need fans. Just what I would want a couple soccer moms on the 15th mile of a road march wearing a t-shirt with my social security number on it wondering if my new contract is gonna have a 1A bonus or if I'll go down the road to double A infantry, or the Canadian league.
"the dude abides"

Class 03/03 (First Easy Class)
1st Plt Bco 2/75 The Mighty Sea Bass
10/SEP/01-17/JAN/05
95th (IT) 1/414 USAR E Co
18/JAN/05-Forever

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”