Will a Civillian Paramedic License Help?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

The whole reason we're giving you shit is because we've seen your kind come and go.

Over.

And over.

And over.

And over.

And over.

And over again.

You sound just like the bully on the playground who is the shit until he is actually challenged.

Until someone like you actually shuts the fuck up long enough to accomplish some of the shit you "just know you can do" we're gonna tell you to shut the fuck up.

You don't know shit until you've done it and we don't fucking care how confident you are or what else you've done.

Go ahead. Keep running your fucking hole and get banned from the site.

Or stop all that fucking drivel that ain't worth shit, learn all you can, and go do what you want to do.

Nahh.

Just shut the fuck up.
RSD 96-99
Thursday
Tadpole

Post by Thursday »

Roger that Ranger Vee. Thanks for the answer Ranger EarthPig.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Thursday wrote:Roger that Ranger Vee. Thanks for the answer Ranger EarthPig.

You are running out of people to speak to. Ranger EP spoke to you only once and yet twice you thanked him. Men with volumes of experience have already spoke with you and you have dismissed them. Use the search button for answers to any more questions you have.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

There.

See? That was easy right?

For all you people new to the site, check out this thread.

This is the perfect example of what we expect from you. Listen and do what you're told and we will be very willing to help. It's a show of initiative and willingness to learn that we are looking for.

There might be hope for you yet.
RSD 96-99
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

I guess you missed my point. But As Ranger Steadfast and Vee put, we have seen your kind come and go. Years ago when I was in Ranger School I had a Ranger buddy just like you Captain of everything, West Point Grad. the whole nine yards. It was all heard about for the first few days of the course. then it happened. late one night somewhere lost close to red diamond Rd. My Ranger buddy took his Ruck off stood up went to the RI and quit. QUIT!!! Mr. confident got a little cold and hungery and folded like a news paper.

Thats my point. In the time I have been in the Army I have seen your type come and go, all of us have. Mostly go. Because in every case they could justify a reason that they quit. The Rangers on this Forum are less than impressed by words. Action allways speaks louder. If you going to do this then do it, and then tell me how you DID. Dont tell how good you MIGHT be at it. Hopefully you learned something.
Last edited by rgrpuck on January 21st, 2005, 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

you want to be an 18x but dnt know what that entails, what if I told you that it was a 18" Xtra special fluffer, would you still want the job.

on the whole officers dont do field shit, so decide what you want to do. Here is a good one, go watch Band of Brothers, what happens to the officers after they get past LT, they push papers, who holds the troops together and leads, the 1st SGT and the NCO corp
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Sunday,

There are guys who come on this site daily, as my Brothers have said, and 'talk the talk.' A few months later, when they are in training at Ft. Benning, they drop their Ranger contract because it's too tough and they can't 'walk the walk.' Research some of the recent threads on this site concerning this phenomena and you will see why there is so much doubt.

Some people are born leaders. From your stories, it sounds like you have some leadership qualities. The Ranger leaders who conquer their objectives when the numbers are stacked against them are the ones who lead by example. The Squad Leader who I had when I first arrived at 2nd Ranger Battalion was the most squared away Ranger I ever met. He was always dressed neater than anyone else, he was faster, had more endurance, was a better shot, could rig a radio faster,.....everything. He was a stud. He wouldn't tell you to do anything that he couldn't (or wouldn't) do himself.

As far as finishing school first, that's your call. In a way, it shows that you aren't a quitter. Personally, I see nothing wrong with your plan, if it works for you. I always followed my heart and gave it my best shot. That has never failed me.

So, don't take the flaming personal. As you said yourself, we don't know you and vice versa. Until you come back with that Tan Beret on your head and that scroll on your sleeve, you're really just another screen name. Come back a Ranger and you will be part of a life-long Brotherhood. Good luck.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Recruitment Process”