Finished Up OSUT (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Tenn-RGR wrote:That whole 135% bullshit is just that. One must first look at the source of the information before you begin to process it. Besides 90% of all initial reporting is likely to be false.
Remember a great deal of the information that young soldiers get before and during RIP is designed to get those who are not truely motivated to quit so they don't waste time evaluating those who claim they are Ranger Type Personnel.

MENTAL TOUGHNESS, STRONG CHARACTER, PHYSICAL FITNESS, AND OVERALL INTELLIGENCE is what will see you through.

Those who are weak will use the first excuse they can find in order to "save face" (so they think) before they QUIT!

Congrats on your turnin BLUE GravityMan, you keep your eyes on your goal and don't bother takin time to even think about those who have QUIT, THEY'RE WEAK. Concentrate on improving your physical fitness, knockout elevated pushups anytime and everytime you aren't doin anything else and make us proud!!!

Good luck to you Soldier 8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Just keep doin' it!!!!!!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

CONGRATS...Keep your focus on your goal and GL to you.
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Finished Up OSUT

Post by Steadfast »

T Kim wrote:
Gravity Man wrote:We had our Airborne/RIP PT test the other day. All but 3 guys in my platoon quit their contracts and some even quit airborne. They told us that the Regiment was at 135% strength, it would be impossible to get a slot, no shame to drop out, etc..

They told us that BS too, and a bunch of guys dropped their contracts.

Good to hear your voice again T Kim. Keep your focus on your objective and drive on. Thanks for the sitrep.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

T Kim wrote:Thanks, Ranger Steadfast. I always find myself on this forum looking for any sort of updated info. BTW, I graduate OSUT tomorrow.
Good job, T Kim! One good step on the road. Keep it up! Congratulations on turning blue!
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

T Kim wrote:Thanks, Ranger Steadfast. I always find myself on this forum looking for any sort of updated info. BTW, I graduate OSUT tomorrow.
Congrats (almost)! Let me know when it's official, so I can upgrade your title. Keep up the good work. Jump School is a blast.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Letters from School”