Any of you have to deal with this?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Thetimehascome wrote:Thanks Ranger Importsrsloths, I have been PTing and PTing and guess what more PTing, as for injuries thats out of my hands I'll be fine...........

" It's Mind over Matter. If you don't Mind, it won't Matter".
haha.... we will see, I'm not going to forget about you... :twisted:

The biggest thing for stress fractures was from the ruck marches/combat boots it seemed like, SO IF I WAS YOU, I'd get some boots and start off with lighter weight and do 2 miles and keep building up. I'd say when you can do a jump, secure the LZ, do a 20 miler with a few missions built in with a 60 pound ruck, full ammo/water and a machine gun your at decent bat level. So you probably have a lot to work for. Basic will not prepare you adequately for this!
It's Mind over Matter. If you don't Mind, it won't Matter.
Thetimehascome
Tadpole

Post by Thetimehascome »

Ranger ImportsRsloths you could not be any more correct I have a huge amount of work to do to prep. I have recieved expert advice from those who know best (yourself included) I've giving up alot by making this choice, but the reward will be much greater than the expence.Failure is not an option,theres only one way out and I'm not ready for the introduction yet.

Also I need to get a ruck I'm using a back pack now with 30lbs. I asked my recruiter,she did not have one not the best I've talked with but she got me exactly what I wanted. Any suggestions on picking up a good ruck?
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

What ever happened to DEFENDING OUR COUNTRY AND WAY OF LIFE. SHIT IF WE HAD A MAJORITY OF SLUG ASS FUCKERS WHO DIDN'T GIVE A RATS ASS AS TO WHAT THE FUCK IS GOIN ON IN THE WORLD WE'D EITHER BE SPEAKIN RUSSIAN OR ARABIC.

Remind your mother whom I know you love that she should be fuckin proud that you're WILLING TO JOIN THE MILITARY in order to FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT!!!

I'm thinkin about the slug ass Michael Moore video where he's askin congressmen whether or not they want any military pamplets for their kids, GOD DAMN IT!!!! ITS TRUE AMERICANS WHO ARE WILLING TO SERVE THEIR COUNTRY, FUCK ALL THE BULLSHIT, WE DIDN'T GET TO BE A WORLD POWER WITHOUT PEOPLE (YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN) WHO HAD SOME FUCKIN BALLS AND SAID TO THEIRSELVES.....You know what? I love this country, I love my community and I'm willing to DEFEND IT...................PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

You're 23 years old do what you think is Right. When I went in there hadn't BEEN ANYBODY in my family that had ever joined the military, They're all Liberal always talkin about what America owes them, America owes JACK SHIT BUT A CHANCE TO MAKE IT IN LIFE, TO HELL WITH A HAND OUT!!! ESPECIALLY SINCE the DemocRATS have never done a DAMN THING FOR MY PEOPLE (MOTHERFUCKERS). IT WAS PRESIDENT NIXON WHO STARTED THE FIRST INCLUSION OF BLACKS IN THE WHITE HOUSE (SIGNED THE VOTING RIGHTS ACT) and guess what? He was a Republican.......AND PRESIDENT BUSH HAS CONTINUED THAT TRADITION. Merit is what counts!!!

I'm Black, A Ranger, AND A PROUD AMERICAN!!! When I came home from Leave after I graduated from RIP and got to Regiment my mother was cryin sayin that the Army had turned me into a stone cold killer, well Guess what....... When she talks to her friends NOW all she says is.....

DID YOU KNOW MY BOY WAS A UNITED STATES ARMY RANGER!!!!!

A PART OF THE CHOSEN FEW, PROUD AND BRAVE!!!!

GO FOR IT AND DO WHATS RIGHT, That's what BEIN A MAN IS ALL ABOUT!!!

I'm 44 years old but I'd bet most if not all of the Rangers on this board who have retired wouldn't give their left nutt to join up again and Serve Our County!!!

There are SOME THINGS THAT ARE CONSIDERED HONORABLE :!:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

You're Mom will get over it! My mother IS the worlds most devote democrat and she gets it (finally).
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “Recruitment Process”