Option 40 Contract

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Jamacee
Embryo

Post by Jamacee »

Question for you, Noah... or maybe SFC hit-it, since I think Noah is off at BCT:

The term of enlistment on the contract says 4 years, 19 weeks. I was under the impression that a Ranger contract is 4 years even... do the extra 19 weeks represent Noah's being in the DEP program? (i.e., time between signing and ship) Or something else?

Thanks!
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

It represents training time.
Jamacee
Embryo

Post by Jamacee »

Thank you, Ranger Spartan.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

hit_it wrote:PM me again, SHIT BREATH.

I will fucking kill you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Poetryisdeath
Embryo

Post by Poetryisdeath »

Before I go busting my recruiter's door down (he's a tabbed Ranger and would stomp the living shit out of me if I even opened his door in an aggressive manner, anyways) I respectfully inquire as to why the hell my enlistment bonus is only $3,000 and Noah's happens to be $8,000. Not that the money matters that much, but I hate being screwed when there were other options.

Any suggestions, comments, or concerns are more than welcome.

Edit: I forgot to add, I received my OPT40 after enlisting, does this make it impossible to get more for my enlistment bonus, or should I go knocking on my recruiter's door?
Ranger Terry Welshan wrote:Run fast, stay awake, dont drown, dont fail, that should cover it.
I just want to do what I can for my country, with the best that I can.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

This is something you should bring to his attention.
Army contracts are strange things that often appear generated more through the twilight zone than any common sense medium.
It's not necessarally your recruiters' fault as contracts change in nuance
literally between key strokes.
Having said that, if you want to change it you might find yourself waiting longer to enter service with an opt 40 and an attractive bonus.
I'm not a recruiter but five grand is five grand.

P.S. I hope Noah kicks the shit out of you for telling us all where the beer money is.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

the amount fo bonus money given for an MOS varies from day to day.

and whether or not an applicant has college also adds to the amount.

maybe he had something you didn't....
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Poetryisdeath
Embryo

Post by Poetryisdeath »

Thank you for your responses Ranger Kilted Heathen and SFC hit_it.

I heard NoahH was enrolled in a college. I will bring this to my recruiter's attention, but it is good to know more about the situation.

Ranger Kilted Heathen: Where exactly is this beer money? If I'm going to get my ass kicked, I might as well not feel feelings while I'm doing it. :D
Last edited by Poetryisdeath on February 11th, 2005, 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ranger Terry Welshan wrote:Run fast, stay awake, dont drown, dont fail, that should cover it.
I just want to do what I can for my country, with the best that I can.
Eleven X-Ray
Tadpole

Post by Eleven X-Ray »

Poetryisdeath wrote:Thank you for your responses Ranger Kilted Heathen and SFC hit_it.

I heard NoahH was enrolled in a college. I will bring with to my recruiter's attention, but it is good to know more about the situation.

Ranger Kilted Heathen: Where exactly is this beer money? If I'm going to get my ass kicked, I might as well not feel feelings while I'm doing it. :D
I think Ranger Kilted Heathen was saying that you pointed out that NoahH had the "beer money" because of his bigger enlistment bonus, but I may be wrong.
Ranger Silverback's Mentee

Return to “Recruitment Process”