Introduction - Dominick

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Dominick

Post by Jim »

DAV181 wrote:Ranger Jim,

The recruiter said if I were to enlist right now it would most likely be a DQ or temporary DQ based on the information I gave him because I have not fully healed yet even though I have no pain. Within 3 months I was diagnosed went through physical therapy and got an MRI which by that time my condition had improved greatly. According to my doctor within 6 months I could be 100%, 80%, or display no significant change at all which is not entirely in my control, this process takes time but my young age helps. My recruiter also stated a waiver is possible but again case by case. So my plan is to heal up and improve my PT scores and when its time for me to enlist get a new MRI so the MEPs doctor can compare old versus new and make his decision.
Good decision on your part. As Ranger Cams said, give yourself time to heal. In the meantime, please memorize the Ranger Creed and begin to live your life by it. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
DAV181
Embryo

Post by DAV181 »

Raner Jim & Ranger Cams,

I would be lying if I said I have not been a little worried or had some doubts with this whole deal but these are the cards I've been dealt with and I will play them best I can. But at the same time it has also motivated me to work harder. He who says he can and he who says he can't are both usually right. I'm just going to put my head down and keep my nose clean, I have faith this will all sort itself out. I will memorize the Ranger Creed and apply it to everything I do. Thank you Rangers.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Dominik, Excellent decision. Take the time to heal and you will have the opportunity to achieve the goals you set out for yourself. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”