Got Back From MEPS Today

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Liquid Confusion
Embryo

Post by Liquid Confusion »

Wtf, seriously wtf. Someone who had some orthopedic hardware must of really pissed somebody off. Every single fucking time I turn around its just more bullshit... and I am not even in the fucking Army yet!

uh, just ranting...as if it does any good. SFC Hit_It thanks for confiriming that. If I yanked it, coming out of the 6 months would I finally be golden or would I just get to discover new and even more fascinating layers of bullshit and waivers, excepting of course the consul to confirm I was healed up? I ask only b/c I have learned that thinking I know something is just insuring that that the Army gets to bend me over...again.

Dunno why I hope but, is there any chance of arguing the Army, or MEPS,whoever, that removing a rod is not orthopedic surgery :shock: :wink:
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

dude, what are you trying to do?
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Liquid Confusion
Embryo

Where i stand right now is my waiver finally came down last friday from on high, w/ a 3, which I am told will become a 2 when I go in front of the job counselor. THat is the short of it.

About a month ago I found from my doc that this rod could be removed without any problem. My recruiter steered me from this. I never thought and my recruiter never hinted that I would end up with a 2. Had I known that I would have gone ahead and yanked the rod, fuck a waiver.

Since I have a waiver my recruiter wants me in the Army yesterday. Though just about all of combat arms is closed to me. 13b being about my only option. Since the only reason I have a 2 is a rod which is only in my leg now b/c it was left there, I am seriously looking to remove it. My recruiter insists removing it now will change nothing. I will still need to be waivered in and I will probably still rate a 2. Plus he added I will be tdq for 6 months AND be right back at where I am at now.

Now the Doc at MEPS who I saw yesterday b/c my waiver was contingent on me not limping, told me when I asked, that yes if I pulled the rod I would need to heal up come back thru MEPS, have a consul to make sure it was healed and then I could get a 1 and all this bullshit would go away.

So what I want is to go into the Army with a 1 like I feel I rate and always thought I would get (w/o options in my contract of course). Plus will open jobs for me plus if I no longer have the rod will allow shit to get written into my contract. Again though my recruiter is pressing me and whenever I ask a question has a reason why I should just go now. In short is no help.

What I am asking of you is what I feel is a independent opinion, you do not care how I go into the Army so I feel I can get factual statements from you. If I remove this rod though, wait 6 months, still get a 2 though wtf would be the point. And there are other points and arguments for why I should take what I can get now and fuck it. As well as positives in removing the rod. Basically I have to make a decision and am looking to not catch more bullshit like I caught with this 3 coming down on my waiver. And of course surgery is no joke.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Go with your gut instinct. Sounds like you already made up your mind.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

honestly, if you did get it removed you would probably still get a 2 in the PULHES. and that's experience in this game talking.

your stuff would still have to be reviewed by a doc, and though the decision is up to the respective service, i still see a waiver being needed for having had the stuff in the first place.

go with your gut.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Liquid Confusion
Embryo

Finally my waiver came down Mon. with final approval. Went to MEPS yesterday and got a contract: 91W ship 20050103 to Benning. As a side note my waiver came back with a 1 so I got my picket fences after all that bullshit. :roll:

Only took 6 months to get my contract :? :D
Thanks SFC hit_it for offering another perspective and letting me write my bullshit out and thank you Ranger Spartan for this website. I learned alot and it was here that I first heard about 91W and after researching and thinking decided that was the kind of stuff I wanted to do.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Now stop fuckin' snivelin'.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
goon
USMC Veteran

Post by goon »

Liquid what is your date to report to Ft. Sam? I saw your Benning date and it looks like we may be at Ft. Sam about the same time.
USMC 6492 (AD 1990-1995)
IRR (1995-1998)
USA 91W (2005-?)
Aequoreus tunc Miles militis
Prepping for the Q course
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Liquid, just make sure you are shit hot on your PT, and ask for both Airborne and RIP at AIT.

you're gonna be there with a shitload of pogues who won't want to go.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Liquid Confusion
Embryo

I am scheduled to report to Ft. Sam 3/14, Marine Goon. When do you go?
goon
USMC Veteran

Post by goon »

I report there the same day. See you in Texas.
USMC 6492 (AD 1990-1995)
IRR (1995-1998)
USA 91W (2005-?)
Aequoreus tunc Miles militis
Prepping for the Q course

Return to “Recruitment Process”