Check this guy out!!!!

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

I went to the AMU's CQM refresher (what the hell the Army was paying for it) and Travis was one of the instr. The course was a great refresher as well as a good starting point for NCO's that have to teach this shit and havn't had the opportunity to go to SOT or SFARTEC or assigned to a BN that fires more live ammo than an entire DIVISION.

The instructors all said the right things, gave the suggestions I would give and only used rifles that were "souped up" with off the shelf shit you could buy from Oly or a million other companies. I think the supreme being put Tomasi on the earth to do one thing...shoot guns. The kid is a great shooter a decent instructor based upon age and overall military experience (how good a class did you teach as an E4?). Give him time in the line and he'd make out to be a hell of an addition to squad. We preach muscle memory all the time in CQM and standard combat rifle. Tomasi just practices it more. His mag changes are last round to first round discharged in .85 seconds. Granted this is with a "race gun" but I bet he'd smoke everyone who reads this post on a mag change with a stock M9 or a M4 (he shoots those as well). Don't harp on him practicing with his kit laid out perfectly. We all do that, I don't know about anyone else but I'm a gear whore and I'm always looking for the better way and then practicing with it until it's natural.

Tomasi is head and shoulders above Jerry Barnhardt in my opinion (I think the dudes an ass).

Free opinion so take it for what it's worth.
Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
abn-rgr
Ranger

Post by abn-rgr »

I think I read somewhere he used to play hockey. He has great reflexes. he and the other AMU guys shoot the CMMG 3-gun here in MO and always do well. I think they would stack up just fine in the line with a little "mentoring"!!
RS 04-94
"Hard and Cold for the Black and Gold"
Ne Desit Virtus

Return to “Weapons of War”