Input Request on new Auto

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

McD: - I've got the Ruger 22/45 and as the propoganda says:
All Ruger 22/45's (including Hunter) have the same grip shape, feel, and familiarity of the famous 1911 .45 caliber pistol. The perfect low-cost trainer, it is ideal as a low-cost pistol, allows for quiet practice, and provides shooters with the familiar and preferred 1911 grip.
LINKAGE

But... I've got to tell you it's a pain in the ass to take it apart as you've essentially got plastic that meets metal and it's not a very smooth surface combination. I suppose I would not have a problem with doing this if I just sat down and did it about 20 times in a row, but I've got better things to do I guess.

On the other hand, it's reliable as hell and I can't recall any problems whatsover with feeding, extracting/ejecting and mine was pretty accurate right out of the box.

If you're looking for a low-cost target solution, this could be it for you right here. I don't use mine for practicing a draw, or anything else, other than jjust SHOOTING. If I need to practice drawing, it makes more sense to use the pistols on my CCW, instead of the Ruger. I don't even have a holster for it.

Return to “Weapons of War”