Fat Burning and Carbs during workout

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
bmf175
Ranger

Post by bmf175 »

Didnt know we were comparing 201 files. :P

Will do, hold a while I am in class now and Have a rugby tournament afterwards it will be acouple days before I can set aside some time.
C Co & HHC 1/75
1997-2005
RS Class 02-00

Rangers
Monsoon and cmurder
CHCB
Ranger

Post by CHCB »

snipe4fun wrote: I was always curious, when I was enlisted, why I had no visible six pack even though I could knock out 138 sit ups in two minutes (had the battalion record in legland).

I'd definitely appreciate knowing where I'm wrong?
All the ab work in the world won't result in visible six pack abs if you're storing a layer of body fat over top of them.

I'm not saying you're fat-but genetics determine the locations your body stores whatever fat you're carrying. If your gut happens to be the last place your body draws from its fat reserves, you're gonna have to get down to a pretty low % of overall body fat before your abs emerge-no matter how strong they are.
2nd PLT A co 1/75 78-80
Ranger Class 502-79
bmf175
Ranger

Post by bmf175 »

Anaerobic metabolism is at the onset of exercise. Once you pass the anaerobic you go into the aerobic metabolism, not the other way around. Increasing intensity does not make you go into anaerobic metabolism, unless of course you went from sitting on the couch to running, as I covered above (onset of exercise).
1) ATP-PC system
2) Glycolysis
3) Krebs cycle - electron transport chain (oxidative phosphorylation)
Research oxygen deficit at onset of exercise this is prior to reaching steady state and ending with oxygen debt at the end of the exercise bout.

High protein/ low fat diets are for people that don’t do shit. Recommending this diet for somebody in the army is not wise. Especially somebody that relies on prolonged physical exertion. Also somebody that is in the Army should not be recommended to start the Atkins diet…. Research Ketoacidosis, for a soldier at a time of war this is simply a ridiculous diet plan to even mention.
Bodybuilding theory is one thing, exercise physiology is another totally different animal.

We appreciate your input, but if somebody asks for help especially in this thread. Its best not to confuse them and to provide as accurate info as possible.
C Co & HHC 1/75
1997-2005
RS Class 02-00

Rangers
Monsoon and cmurder

Return to “About Army Physical Training”