new: aspiring to be a hard@$$

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

rollinslite
Egg

Post by rollinslite »

Thanks for the welcome and the advice everyone.

Ranger Spartan,
I went to the recruiter earlier today to get things started. I had taken the ASVAB before and got a 99, but it was over two years ago so I have to re-test. I'll do that on the 20th and hit MEPS on the 21st.

Ranger Steadfast,
I was always more of a serial monogamist rather than a real player, but I have a couple of stories..... Like when I was putting it in a girls pooper, pulled my dick out and there was a piece of corn sticking to the tip......

In hoc is short for 'In Hoc Signo Vinces' (in this sign you will conquer) which is what Constantine saw in the sky before his outnumbered army won.
Ad hoc means improvised if I remember right.

In Hock describes my possesions when I pawned them to get food and gas money when I was broke, and what'll happen to the rest of them before I take off to Basic.

In hoc,
rollinslite
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the site Rollin.

RLTW
Bell
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

rollinslite wrote:Thanks for the welcome and the advice everyone.

Ranger Spartan,
I went to the recruiter earlier today to get things started. I had taken the ASVAB before and got a 99, but it was over two years ago so I have to re-test. I'll do that on the 20th and hit MEPS on the 21st.

Ranger Steadfast,
I was always more of a serial monogamist rather than a real player, but I have a couple of stories..... Like when I was putting it in a girls pooper, pulled my dick out and there was a piece of corn sticking to the tip......

In hoc is short for 'In Hoc Signo Vinces' (in this sign you will conquer) which is what Constantine saw in the sky before his outnumbered army won.
Ad hoc means improvised if I remember right.

In Hock describes my possesions when I pawned them to get food and gas money when I was broke, and what'll happen to the rest of them before I take off to Basic.

In hoc,
rollinslite
In Hoc means what by itself? It means nothing without In Hoc Signo Vinces. Since the Roman's were meticulious on abbreviations such as S.P.Q.R. Your 'In Hoc' is a personal abbreviation and not orgininated by the Roman's. It has been 38 plus years since I studied Latin in H.S.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
rollinslite
Egg

Post by rollinslite »

Very true Ranger Steadfast, it is a personal abbreviation. I took it from some friends of mine. I admire the idea of a group uniting under a common cause and overcoming the odds. Thank you for the clarification.

I.H.S.V.
rollinslite
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Steadfast wrote: Since the Roman's were meticulious on abbreviations such as S.P.Q.R.
Ranger Steadfast,

Unfortunately, my only exposure to the Latin language comes from the movie Gladiator :roll: and I Googled 'SPQR' and came up with nothing but junk. Doesn't it have something to do with the Roman Legions?
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

AngryPistols wrote:
Steadfast wrote: Since the Roman's were meticulious on abbreviations such as S.P.Q.R.
Ranger Steadfast,

Unfortunately, my only exposure to the Latin language comes from the movie Gladiator :roll: and I Googled 'SPQR' and came up with nothing but junk. Doesn't it have something to do with the Roman Legions?
Not to hijack Rollinslite thread, I think he may also provide the answer you request. I will make a error on the endings but it is along the lines of :

Senatus Populace Quorum Republic. heehee

In answer to your question on Roman Legions, NO. The Roman Legions were the Army of the Roman's.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introduction Archive”