color deficiency

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
phoenix

color vision waiver

Post by phoenix »

Alright I know for a fact that even though I failed the PIP test I am not that color blind (i swear). It seriously does not affect me at all. So here's my question...how hard is it to get one of these waivers and what process do I go through to get it? I will begin a four year ROTC program next year at Elon and my heart is set on trying for Rangers when I really get into the Army in four years. Thanks, Brian Foley
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

I'm not trying to go to RIP. I said the PIP test which is the color vision test. thanks though
Parabellum
Ranger

Re: color deficiency

Post by Parabellum »

Travis232000 wrote:During my first trip to MEPS I failed the color vision test. This disqualified me from getting an option 40 contract and any of the MOS's that I had been considering. That being said, I've decided to enlist with a MOS of 31C. My question is this: Is there any possibility that I may still get into the RIP after AIT as a 31C? Thanks for your time.
No we only take 31U.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

Ranger Sobersides,
honestly i wasn't trying to call you a dumbass. I thought you saw PIP as RIP thats all I'm sorry. As for my statement as "try for Rangers" I meant go to Ranger School and try to get through it. I understand Ranger School is incredibly tough, how tough I am not aware of because I have not been able to attend yet, therefore when I said "try for Rangers" I was not saying "tryout" for them I was saying try to pass the course. I am not trying to act like I know more than you, I am well aware that you are far far more knowledgable on this subject than I am, that's why I am asking you questions because I would like to understand this process better from a man who has already gone through it. Thank you and I'm truly sorry if I came off as a cocky cadet, it was an honest misunderstanding.
Last edited by phoenix on June 16th, 2004, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Recruitment Process”