Hi Y'all

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome LLGirl. Enjoy!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome, enjoy your time here.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Cat

Post by Cat »

lexlawgirl wrote:I do just about everything. It's a really small firm, only 12 attorneys (and I'm the next-to-lowest on the totem pole), so it's pretty well whatever walks through the door (except Criminal and Divorce work) on the Defense side. I do a little bit of litigation, a little bit of contracts, a little bit of real estate, etc. I have one really interesting case where some clients of mine (people with WAY more money than sense) bought some paintings from a guy who turned out /not/ to be the administrator of his mother's estate. Mostly its just petty squabbling....the sort of thing you just want to say "Boys, go to your rooms!" instead of going through all the court appearances and hassle ;) It's not so bad, just sort of dry.
No quite what y'all were/are doing.

-Steph
Yeah most lawyers I know say that they don't spend much time in the courtroom in their practices.

Thanks for the response.
lexlawgirl
Embryo

Post by lexlawgirl »

Yeah, it really depends. I have two really good friends who work for DPA (Department of Public Advocacy) who are in court for something every single day (I don't think I could be a public defender though. My daddy was a cop, so I was raised under the "If they aren't guilty, I wouldn't arrest them" school).

As for how I got here....hrm... :oops: perhaps that is a story for another day ;)

And dare I ask about "Yellow River". I skimmed the thread...should I be afraid?
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

lexlawgirl wrote:And dare I ask about "Yellow River". I skimmed the thread...should I be afraid?
Afraid of wasting too much time and having your colleagues walk past your office wondering what your are laughing so hard about perhaps.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Hey Sexy Lexy!

Welcome to our world! :twisted:

We don't want to wait to find out how in the world a sexy lawyer type found us.....tell us now.

Then jump into the Yellow River for a swim. It's the best place to relieve that tension. Tell us a fantasy or two................don't lie - EVERYONE has them. And we don't like shy women :twisted:

So you like Harleys?
RSD 96-99
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Lex-
Welcome to the site!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

V-Rod wrote:Hey Sexy Lexy!

Welcome to our world! :twisted:

We don't want to wait to find out how in the world a sexy lawyer type found us.....tell us now.

Then jump into the Yellow River for a swim. It's the best place to relieve that tension. Tell us a fantasy or two................don't lie - EVERYONE has them. And we don't like shy women :twisted:

So you like Harleys?
Im sure Ranger V-Rod just read most of all the minds of the males here...
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

It's just a matter of time until she's got a mouth like a truck driver and living in a trailor hanging around on this site. :lol: Welcome, I hope you aren't thin skinned. :wink:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

An Attorney???Holy Shit, members of the jury....before long we'll be allowing IRS Agents and Insurance Brokers on here. What THEE hell. Have we NO sense of dignity, honor....NO, I guess we dont.
Ive never welcomed an Attorney to ANYTHING but....OK....(kicking the sand, hands in pocket, head down....well....Ok.....welcome

SO, being an Attorney...art thou Liberal? Do thou believeth in the Philistine Candidate Trash, John Kerry? If thou art a Liberal, please keepeth thine mouth silent for my stomach will not acceptith thine opinions.

OK, that said...Fair Maiden of the Alter of the Great Ranger, yunta be an alter chick? It's really debase stuff, lay around the alter, get liquered up, naked...it's fun :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
lexlawgirl
Embryo

Post by lexlawgirl »

Ranger Spartan: Thanks for the info on Yellow River. :wink: I'd probably better not surf these boards from work. I think the boys I work with would be intimidated.

Ranger V-Rod: Everyone loves Harleys...fantasies to follow

Ranger EarthPig and Certiorari (great name!): Thanks for the welcome *hugs*

blacksrt4: If RgrV-Rod can read minds, I'm in trouble!

Ranger h8train1/75: *can think of infinitely better things to do with my mouth than trash-talk*

Ranger Abell9: Don't worry. I came alone :wink: and I'm very much a Bushie. Altar-chicking sounds promising- what's the pay like? Or is it a "like-kind exchange" situation?

Whomever changed my "status": Thanks ;), it helps me cope with all the avatars. My poor breasts are feelng inadequate.

*hugs*
-Steph

P.S. Ray, thanks for the reminder ;)
Last edited by lexlawgirl on April 17th, 2004, 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome Steph. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here as much as we'll enjoy having you. 8)
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

Stephanie, I welcome you to the site. I do have one question though.... Did you post that picture on HOT or NOT.com i have seen it on there. I am just wondering, because i went back to the site and have been searching for it again.

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
lexlawgirl
Embryo

Post by lexlawgirl »

Hopps- I don't think that I did. I don't think that my self-esteem would stand up to "Hotornot" scruitny!

Return to “Introduction Archive”