Heat Cramps/Exhaustion/Stroke

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

BadMuther wrote:
RGR Luna wrote:Pete got two "confusers" up there, or did you drag yours along?

I never see the "tubbies" on t.v. drink. Keep an eye out for symptoms, Pete. :wink:
We'll see who's more of a "tubby" in Vegas, luna! :wink:

yep, Pete's got a pretty cool setup up, and at least two confusers...
Weighed myself this morning. I'm down to 275. 15 more to go. I'll be wearing that speedo in no time. :wink:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

RGR Luna wrote:
BadMuther wrote:
RGR Luna wrote:Pete got two "confusers" up there, or did you drag yours along?

I never see the "tubbies" on t.v. drink. Keep an eye out for symptoms, Pete. :wink:
We'll see who's more of a "tubby" in Vegas, luna! :wink:

yep, Pete's got a pretty cool setup up, and at least two confusers...
Weighed myself this morning. I'm down to 275. 15 more to go. I'll be wearing that speedo in no time. :wink:
Damn I thought you were 300-350???...I'm about 262.......
Cat

Post by Cat »

What about your www listed there Rgr BadMuther? That sounds like a Medical Issue to me :?
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Cat wrote:What about your www listed there Rgr BadMuther? That sounds like a Medical Issue to me :?

Fixed.
Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

"Well hell, let's see if we can stick one in his dick."?
That would be the one Doc..nothing like an 18 gauge needle in the pecker to wake you up.
Doc wrote:
Woobies tend to lose what's left of their normally low inhibitions.
Is that an 'upside' or a potential 'downside'?

I don't have experience dealing with Woobies. Can anyone offer any advice on the subject?

Mosh pits...X...Inhibitions....sounds like we may have the makings of a "Tellatubbies Gone Wild" :?
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
eagleswings
Embryo

Post by eagleswings »

Nothing like a nice 18 in the EJ either early in the morning especially if you are the one giving it. Just hope you don't have to poke around to much to find it with no veins left after dehydrating like that.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Every July 4th when I play like a kid again. I make sure I have 10 Woobie dolls and every so often I insert several ash cans into the Woobie's ass. A toss high into the air 30 plus feet and a loud boom and see the poor Woobie's ass blown to smithereens. Wot a blast! :twisted: :lol: :lol:

eeerr, sry Doc. didn't mean to hi-jack thread.

So what is usually the treatment for ulcers. I was told that they are caused by a virus and can be treated easily. Isn't it true though that they (sic, ulcers ) are caused by stress. Are the two interconnected, stress and viral infection to cause ulcers and if not treated early can cause further damage resulting in bleeding ulcers?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Moni D

Post by Moni D »

Doc-
I know this subject has been quiet lately, but was wondering:
I had heat exhaustion a few years ago- never treated, I rehydrated with straight water (didn't know better).

Seems that over the past few summers I tend to get to where I feel quite ill from heat sooner than most people around me. Is a residual effect typical in those wih a similar history?

If so any idea how long it may last? Last summer wasnt TOO bad, but this one is supposed to be brutal. We typically run high 80s near 100% humidity, and are looking at more along the lines of mid 90s for the average, same humidity...

Moni D

Post by Moni D »

Doc wrote:Monica,

It may last a lifetime. People who have incurred a heat injury often have a lower tolerance to the heat than others. I would imagine it has something to do with the hypothalamus gland located in your brain. It controls temperature regulation in your body (and alot of other functions). Once it has been "damaged" or "injured" it tends to have a lower threshhold tolerance for injury. In other words, it is going to tell your body it is becoming heat injured faster than it used to so as to not allow you to get into the same state you were in before.

Prehydrate, dress appropriately and take prudent rest breaks while in the heat.

Check Six,
Doc
Doc-
I was hoping you wouldn't say that :cry: ..... but I guess I'm not surprised. I noticed it last nite after my bike ride home, so I will definitely have to start taking more precautions, like pre-hydration, even if I have to sit at school long enough to do it.
Moni D

Post by Moni D »

Doc wrote:Hey I'm the Dennis Miller of medicine..."Of course, that's just my opinion...I may be wrong!". :wink:

Check six,
Doc
:lol:
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

DRINK WATER!...BEAT THE HEAT!

Hydrate or die, men. :twisted:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06