Commissioned Officers getting smoked in Battalion.

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Bell

Post by Bell »

tjinaz, post an introduction with your credentials in the proper introduction forum.

RLTW
Bell
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

tjinaz, I am glad to see that you came over to armyranger.com. Major Vines.....it has be along time since I heard that name. I seem to recall him body slamming his RTO on the ground up in Alaska.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

TJ

Jola you handsome devil.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Mitch
Ranger

Post by Mitch »

I used to see the Bn Cdr, back when it as PK, conduct his inital counseling to his new O's during a perimeter road run and they would do the whole thing at his pace. he could run too, at least I always thought so after block leave when we did BN PT
RHQ 94-96, HHC 1/75 96-00
RS 12-95
DocDaigle

Post by DocDaigle »

BadMuther wrote:Pretty much any infantry unit. Officers don't get smoked at Batt. to my knowledge. I never saw an officer do a pushup unless he wanted to.
I actually saw Duke Durkan light up his FO LT for fucking up a call for fire mission. He also did counseling on him. Then again, he was Duke.
DocDaigle

Post by DocDaigle »

Mitch wrote:I used to see the Bn Cdr, back when it as PK, conduct his inital counseling to his new O's during a perimeter road run and they would do the whole thing at his pace. he could run too, at least I always thought so after block leave when we did BN PT
PK was a hard mother fucker. SF and RGR as well as a number of secret squirrel schools. I remember going over his medical records, to say the least, It was impressive (listed deployments and ops)

Doc
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

We used to go through LTs like crazy in Cco while I was there. Being a Fister I had some good LTs only one I did not like was the last one. The first one I had was funny as hell. Black guy that mostly dated good looking white stewardesses. I will never forgot one day we are out on OP 1 on Stewart when I was a young pivote. My team Sgt. asks him, "Hey, LT why do you always date white women?" LT shot back "Would you date a My Mom has sex with Donkey's?" I swallowed my dip when he said that. No offense folks. Team Sgt. simply replied "your fucking crazy Sir!" LT says "Gotdamn right I am crazy and don't you forget it" another of the NCO asks "Sir, how come you only date stewardesses?" LT says "How the hell did you become a NCO, dont you know you only have to put up with the bitch a few nights a month? That way you get to have multiple bitchs."

He always had the most smartass comebacks to any question, he was one hard sombitch. That SOB could ruck like a sumbitch. I also remember when he told the CO after being asked if he was cold. "Sir, do I look like I was born to live in cold weather, hell yes I am fucking cold Sir"

I am gonna have to track him down and see what he is up to now..

JP
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
DocDaigle

Hell YA

Post by DocDaigle »

Now thats a guy that I could party with.
Bell

Post by Bell »

rgrjoe175 wrote:We used to go through LTs like crazy in Cco while I was there. Being a Fister I had some good LTs only one I did not like was the last one. The first one I had was funny as hell. Black guy that mostly dated good looking white stewardesses. I will never forgot one day we are out on OP 1 on Stewart when I was a young pivote. My team Sgt. asks him, "Hey, LT why do you always date white women?" LT shot back "Would you date a My Mom has sex with Donkey's?" I swallowed my dip when he said that. No offense folks. Team Sgt. simply replied "your fucking crazy Sir!" LT says "Gotdamn right I am crazy and don't you forget it" another of the NCO asks "Sir, how come you only date stewardesses?" LT says "How the hell did you become a NCO, dont you know you only have to put up with the bitch a few nights a month? That way you get to have multiple bitchs."

He always had the most smartass comebacks to any question, he was one hard sombitch. That SOB could ruck like a sumbitch. I also remember when he told the CO after being asked if he was cold. "Sir, do I look like I was born to live in cold weather, hell yes I am fucking cold Sir"

I am gonna have to track him down and see what he is up to now..

JP
You talking about the LT that everyone called all the time to hear his phone messages on his answering machine? That LT had the craziest damn messages you ever heard. They were hilarious. If you weren't expecting it they'd scare the hell out of ya.

He had a real good friend, a little short guy LT, West Pointer, blonde hair, blue eyes, stocky, drove a souped up mustang, blue.

Talk to me Joe.

RLTW
Bell
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

So we have this Cherry Lt. named Knight, who just arrived to my plt in 3/75. We get EDRE'd and do some weird ass jeep and bike stuff. We are supposed to move out tactically. So the cherry decides to do bounding over watch the whole time. We did it for like 30-40 miles. This drill started at like 2200, it took so long to manuever that way that when the bikes moved out in front for BP's dudes were falling asleep and fucking falling over with their bikes. We were the last Plt in the CO. to make it back to the compound the next fucking morning. I was going to Pre scuba that very morning. Like most Rangers i hadn't packed my shit yet, so when we finally got back I was fucking pissed. The Lt was my TC.and I was the gunner, anway when we got back very loudly i said who was the stupid mother fucker who made us do bounding over watch the whole fucking movement, sheepishly the LT looked at me and weakly said "me". So I said next time SIR, fucking ask somebody before you make a decision . He replied with a roger that and moved out smartly. He and i became good friends. He my swim buddy in the 47 pic i posted
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

[You talking about the LT that everyone called all the time to hear his phone messages on his answering machine? That LT had the craziest damn messages you ever heard. They were hilarious. If you weren't expecting it they'd scare the hell out of ya.

He had a real good friend, a little short guy LT, West Pointer, blonde hair, blue eyes, stocky, drove a souped up mustang, blue.

Talk to me Joe.

RLTW
Bell[/quote]

Not sure if that was him but I do believe he was the only one that was there during our time...LOL Plus your describing the Aco FIST LT. but the phone messages would not surprise me.. I never called, I saw and received his wrath every day..lol I remember his first statement to me... OK dumbass redneck white boy your going to carry my extra radio and batteries in your ruck...if I get in deep shit with Grange run and hide.. but fuck it.. I will just say your one of those fooking white hooded Klan mofookers and blame it all on you.. I was so confused...LOL He kept asking me why I was crying..I would answer no reason Sir!..

His last day he asked me again.. I simply said "Sir, your the funniest dumbass I ever met" .. he damn near fell over laughing...

He was sorely missed when had to leave.. God Bless you LT. Martin wherever you are... :D

JP
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

When Lt ***** was a cherry Lt , he was trying to strap hang with my jeep tm during a JRX/JRT. So he shows up at our bird and looking all lost and asks me a few questions about what to do. I told him that once the bird stops that our jeep had to go to a BP ASAMFP and that he better make sure his ass got on. I told him he wasn't in my count so he needs to make sure he takes care of himself and get the fuck on jeep no matter what! The bird touches down, we break shackles yadda yadda yadda...............and the fucking piece of shit jeep won't start! Bird stops, so i yell fucking push it off. down the ramp it goes Tm right behind it, Boozer drops the hammer bam it fires up we hop and and beat feet to our BP, ensuring we maintain the 15 MPH training speed!

***** a former FSO in 3/75, is a little short mofo and while we knew what was going on he was lost like 2 DAWGS. As the jeep goes down the ramp he is just little bit behind the power curve. In his haste to catch up he runs down the ramp as fast as he can, he is about mmmmmmmm 3 feet from the rear of the jeep when Boozer pops the clutch, guess who runs head first into that big ass spare tire on the back of the jeep, YEP ***** does. Knocks him slap on his ass, might have even knocked him out for a sec. I get my "UP" and we drive off. Leaving our fallen comrade dazed, confused and walking!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Classic. :lol:
ChipOnShoulder

More incidents of officers gettin' the treatment.

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

When I was doctorin' in B3/75, the CO/FSGT office was right accross the narrow hall from the doc's dungeon of pain and healing(aid station). I go in the CO's office for some stupid shit and I sees two Lt.'s gettin' the treatment, in the front leaning rest with the Capt. all pissed off about something. My PFC ass got out of there in a hurry I gotta tell ya. I've seen them gettin' the treament alot since I was a medic and had more freedom of movement around the Battalion A/O. Not a very pretty sight but at times comical. In all honesty I have to say that the officers worked thier asses off all the time. I never saw one boozin' it up down at any of the victory drive watering holes for the 3 1/2 years I was there. I used to see them at work on the weekends and the 4day paid vacations. Any officer that served his two or more in Battalion-Hats off from Doc!

Russ "Doc" Cook

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”