DD SITREP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
DD
Embryo

DD SITREP

Post by DD »

I just got home for Christmas Exodus and thought I would drop a line. I have now completed week 10 and things are still humming along. We took our last PT test before we left and I got over a 270 so I should have a good chance at getting the RIP slot. I also have a good chance at Platoon honor grad so that may help as well. We have not had a chance to volunteer but were told that we will when we get back. If not, I will find a way to the Ranger liason. We shall see.

The experience so far has been getting better as the training has become more challenging. We are actually getting a chance to do what we signed up to do and not a bunch of BS. So I would say that after week 6 everything starts to get more interesting and time flies by. The only things left upon our return is the Eagle run which is a joke and the FTX. We did the Battle March and Shoot and my squad was the fastest in the entire company. It was challenging and if people say that it is not tough then they are lying. We went from Malone 4 to Malone 18. It is 4 miles and we did it in 47 minutes. We would have been a few minutes faster but we had an injury and people had to share carrying an extra ruck. All in all it was a great experience. Now if I can just keep the same pace for 12 miles.

I will be cheecking the site regularly and if anybody has any questions about OSUT feel free to ask. I will give an objective non-bullshit answer. Thanks for all the help guys and I look forward to moving on to more training once I get back.

David
"America is too great for small dreams." President Ronald Reagan

"You miss 100% of the chances you don't take."
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Good job, DD! Thanks for reporting in. It sounds like you still have a positive attitude and are pushing yourself. Have a fantastic Christmas with your family and friends, but be responsible. When you return, pick up where you left off and complete the misiion. Merry Christmas!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Thanks for the sitrep DD. Drive on. All the way and then some.

RLTW
Bell
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Thanks & Welcome DD, keep driving on!
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Way to go Bro, keep up the good work. And Merry Christmas!!! 8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Glad to hear from you DD. Enjoy Christmas Holiday's with the family, then get your ass back in gear. :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Letters from School”