In Airborne

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Clay243

In Airborne

Post by Clay243 »

I posted an introduction in July as "Modeling Clay", but this account was suspended because of inactivity.

I graduated OSUT from B Co 1/50 on 29 Oct, and will hopefully graduate Airborne school from A Co 1/507 this next Friday. It's been quite an experience. I'm very blessed to have no injuries so far.

The Ranger liason talked to us two weeks ago and said that we would have to wait at Airborne as holdovers for one week, and then we would be picked up and our class would start the following working week, 29 Nov - 21 Dec were the dates. For now I'm just working out, swimming (I didn't swim for 5 years before Airborne, but I'm getting much stronger quickly), and of course having some fun.

Jump week is next week.

--Clay
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Thanks for the SITREP Clay. Keep us informed as you go thru RIP or when you finish it. Keep the PT going. Drive on. :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

'Modeling Clay' is not a 'suspended account'. Check your PMs.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Are ya really gonna make it? If so, you'll be one of a hundred we've seen and one of a couple of hundred you've seen.

Drive on Soldier! All the way and then some!

RLTW
Bell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Good work, Troop! Keep up the tempo and don't slow down 'til you're wearing that tan beret. Good luck to you.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Hot Damn JUMP WEEK!!!
Boy that is when the fun begins, I couldn't wait to jump outta that plane.

Good luck to you young stud, keep up the good work and keep your head on straight, stay away from all the wannabes who talk about wanting to become a Ranger but the closer they get to RIP the more you start to hear all the excuses of why they shouldn't.

Have fun during Jump Week, that's the Best Part of Airborne School! 8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Modeling Clay
Embryo

Post by Modeling Clay »

I graduated Airborne School last Friday. The jumps were awesome. It's like nothing I've ever felt. I have a feeling I won't get to do many more "hollywood jumps" in my career.

Our RIP date got pushed back to January. We go to holdover next week. RIP should start in early January, after exodus. I guess there isn't really anything a person can do to ensure success in RIP, but you can set yourself up for success or failure. I'm doing the former.

Thank you all for the great information on the site.

--Clay
Stay long enough to repay all who caused strife.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

The only thing you have to do to insure sucsess is to keep your shit together and don't qu....qui......don't give up!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Crongratulations on graduating Airborne Paratrooper! Now if ya got anything that ails you, this is the time to let the little aches heal. Then if all goes well, back to your PT, drive on Clay.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bell

Post by Bell »

You got a pretty good team rooting for ya here Clay. Don't fuck it up. You'll do fine if ya drive on until yer dead. That's the only excuse allowed.

RLTW
Bell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Airborne all the way! :wink:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Letters from School”