First letter from Steve

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

First letter from Steve

Post by Earthpig »

I received a letter from Steve the other day, who is currently at Reception Center. Here is his report:
Dear Ranger EarthPig,

This is Steve on ArmyRanger.com. I'm on my second day of processing and so far, it's boring. But, there's plenty of time for PT.

So far, we've had 5 people try to go AWOL. One of them ran down to the Basic Training area, which the whole company laughed at. In addition to that, we had one guy try to commit suicide. Also, our company has had three fights so far. We all got smoked for them. We also have a bunch of fucksticks who laugh, make noise, make smart-assed comments when the Drill Sgt. is around, or any Officer or NCO is around. It's embarrassing being around these people...and we get smoked for it.

So far, there's quite a few 18X's and Opt. 40's in the company. I'd say 75% are out of shape (didn't even finish the 2 mile run for a promotion), but "they all know what to expect" (sarcastic). Some people are going to Europe thinking they can attend RIP there. There's a few people squared away with these contracts and they seem to take this seriously, which is great for talking about the Rangers with.

I'm due to ship out to Basic Training on the 12th and I can't fucking wait! I just hope to loose these unmotivated pieces of shit! Clearly, some don't want to be here. Thanks for reading. No need to reply to this message...I'll write again in BCT.

For any shippers: The smokings at Reception are extremely light and you CAN'T run, so when you have free time, do crunches and pushups to stay in shape.

Steve
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

I remember going through that bullshit at Fort Jackson. Boring as hell. But I learned how to shine boots, march, learned some cadence, and generally got to know how the Army operated and what was expected of me.

I also remember the dirtbags. I realized that going into the Army was gonna be up to me. I avoided the asswipes and the few guys I associated with had a little bit of sense. You should do this by yourself. If you're the kind of guy that needs friends and support to do anything then you're in for a world of hurt. Be independent and self supporting. Stay away from idiots.

Thanks for the SITREP Steve. Drive on youngster. It'll be over before ya know it and things will start moving faster and faster.

RLTW
Bell
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Fort Jackson!?! :shock: :shock: :?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I did my basic at Ft Jackson, AIT at Ft Gordon. But we are talking about a hundred years ago! :shock: Stay focused Steve & Drive On.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bell

Post by Bell »

Fort Jackson was where I inprocessed. They got a name for it now. Spent a week to 10 days there then got bussed to Fort Benning. Drew basic issue at Jackson.

RLTW
Bell
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Bell wrote:Fort Jackson was where I inprocessed. They got a name for it now. Spent a week to 10 days there then got bussed to Fort Benning. Drew basic issue at Jackson.

RLTW
Bell
Ditto on Ft Jackson Ranger Bell. it was for me between 7 to 10 days. In NY all they did was give us draftees physicals and shipped us off to Ft Jackson by Eastern Airlines which is now defunt. 85% of my basic company was from NYC. It was like the military emptied out our neighborhoods.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Letters from School”