LookAtMeSarn't sends a SITREP (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

LookAtMeSarn't sends a SITREP (RANGER)

Post by Earthpig »

I received this report yesterday from LookAtMeSarn't. It's loaded with good advice for our DEPs:

Ranger EarthPig,

How's everything back on the outside? All is well, I hope. I just started Week 5 here at Basic today. Only 8 weeks to go. Since our company came in right before Christmas, our cycle has been cut short to 13 weeks, instead of 16. It's a good thing, because we get to have Christmas off, but then again it isn't, because now the DS's cram everything into the cycle.

The best thing about my company, actually my platoon, is that it has all the Rippies (18). One of our Drill Sgt's is Ranger qualified and used to be an RI (for your information, his name is SSG. XXXXX....do you know him?), so he requested all the Rippies for his platoon. It was a great idea on his part, because we Rippies are forming a good bond with each other. We even PT together in the evenings, which is great because we push each other a lot more. Sometimes, when we do things like the rope climb or the obstacle course, our DS will face us all off. It's motivating as Hell.

So far, our company has done a lot of good things: Field First Aid, Confidence Course, Obstacle Course, Gas Chamber (Hooah!), Landmine Warfare, and now BRM (we're seven weeks into it). Our company isn't too bad a company, either, with the exception of 2nd Platoon. Listen DEPers and wannabees, don't think that once you're off total control (grueling first 3 weeks) that you can slack off! It's Week 5 and 2nd Platoon was just put back on total control. That means a DS around 24/7, only one hour of freetime a day (if that), and more smokings. About 5 shitbags were just kicked out of their platoon also; actually 3 of them are out of the Army!

One of the things that it seems privates fail to quickly grasp is that this isn't high school anymore. A lot of guys come here thinking that it's just
all war games and shooting, not expecting to learn and live by the Army values, Soldier's Creed, or Infantryman's Creed. But hey, most have and/or will conform.

I learned quickly that teamwork is the key to survival here for a platoon. The quote that gets my platoon by is: "Care about your buddy more than you care about yourself." Simple enough. Doing little things, like checking that his foot locker is secure before you run out, or checking his uniform. Always put the platoon before yourself; too easy.

Well, that's the SITREP for now. Doing good, doing fine. Due for Airborne in January and RIP in February. Can't wait. Thanks for the motivation, Rangers.

LookAtMeSarn't
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

These reports are so fucking neat. Gotta love it.

RLTW
Bell
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

EP,
If LAMS needs a little extra attention PM the name of the drill sergeant. We could at least take the time to let junior know how small the community is.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Silverback wrote:EP,
If LAMS needs a little extra attention PM the name of the drill sergeant. We could at least take the time to let junior know how small the community is.
He's getting his smoke. It's a tradition.....I write a special note to the DS on the outside of the envelope when I send a reply. His was mailed this morning. :lol: I'll PM you his DS's name this evening when I get home....can't recall it right this moment.
RLTW
EP
Last edited by Earthpig on October 25th, 2004, 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Thanks for taking the time to post all these EP. These are indeed great.
TRLewis

Post by TRLewis »

Bell wrote:These reports are so fucking neat. Gotta love it.

RLTW
Bell
Brings that warm and fuzzy feeling, along with memories of when you were in training. Even though these guys seem to have alot more free time than what we did.

Return to “Letters from School”