Training Accident Brings Frustration/Uncertainty

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

what did Regiment do for you?
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
clockworkjustin
Egg

Post by clockworkjustin »

I'm not looking at amputation anymore, I ended up going to Walter Reed and they took real good care of me there. The guys in RTD took a collection up and gave my family some money for Christmas, since we spent it in the hospital down there. The guys that were in the field during the exercise also took up a collection and they gave me some cash for Christmas. I also got promoted to SPC. My family got per diem and all their travel paid for too. I have to go back to the doctor on Monday to see how my skin graft is doing, hopefully that will be good.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

clockworkjustin wrote:I'm not looking at amputation anymore, I ended up going to Walter Reed and they took real good care of me there. The guys in RTD took a collection up and gave my family some money for Christmas, since we spent it in the hospital down there. The guys that were in the field during the exercise also took up a collection and they gave me some cash for Christmas. I also got promoted to SPC. My family got per diem and all their travel paid for too. I have to go back to the doctor on Monday to see how my skin graft is doing, hopefully that will be good.
Glad to hear you won't lose the leg. I'm sorry for everything you and your family have been through. I hope you'll stick around our site.

Jim
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Although there are many things which make us proud to have served in the Ranger Regiment, the story of your injury is obviously not one of them. It is also unfortunate that you not only did not have the opportunity to prove yourself as a Ranger due to this incident, but now have the challenges in front of you that you do. I hope that you can find positive examples in others who received such setbacks and persevered to accomplish great things in their lives. It is in doing so that you will prove to yourself that you did indeed have the heart to have made it as a Ranger.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”