Letter from Gravity Man (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

Letter from Gravity Man (RANGER)

Post by Earthpig »

Just received this today in the mail:
Ranger EarthPig,

It's my second night at the 30th and since we finally received some free time, I figured I'd write. There's not much time to do anything productive here. Flat out, reception sucks. We spend our time in formation or in line, waiting for the most part.

I don't think free time would matter for most of us, though. I haven't found anyone from Armyranger.com yet, but the majority of people are arrogant idiots who have no idea what they're getting into or simply just don't care. I can't wait til they meet Ranger H8Train!!

I did pushups, situps (well, crunches at first, but someone volunteered to hold my legs), and flutterkicks as a bonus. No running of course, and no smokings yet! :( Oh, and flutterkicks after a penicillin shot to the ass sucks the big one, by the way.

There's no need to write back to this, since I'll just send you a letter once I get to OSUT. They 'think' we might be shipping the 1st of October. Ahhh! More than a week here! :lol: Anyways, thanks and I'll write again soon.

Gravity Man
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Yep, the old shit G man, hurry the fuck up and wait. Stay in touch.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bell

Post by Bell »

I really get excited when I see these letters. The guy is doing great and he don't even know it.

RLTW
Bell
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

I remember Ft Polk, La in August of '65.......98 degrees, 98% humidity, we'd just got all our shots...and guys dropping like they'd been shot. Ya gotta love it!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Why that ungrateful little fuck. I'm his goddamn mentor, and he sends EP a letter from 30th AG?

EP, is there something we should know here? :lol: :lol:

(CD sniffs his armpits to see if he smells, or something)

All joking aside, it sounds like the kid might just have his head in the game. We'll see.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Creeping Death wrote:(CD sniffs his armpits to see if he smells, or something)
Brother, we've been meaning to talk to you......
RLTW
EP :wink:
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Dud
Tadpole

Post by Dud »

I think that 30th was actually the worst part of the entire experience. Having absolutely no idea what's goin on, sitting around all day and then dealing with all the assclowns who think they're 'hard' because they've been there for 6 days and you've only been there 2. Rather comical. At least in Basic when you get some sleep you know that youve knocked out a day, only X more left. And you felt as though you were working towards something (getting the hell out of there). Granted, I never had the opportunity for R.I.P., so I'm spoiled in that 30th was the worst part of OSUT.

Rangers EP and CD: When you get an address, could you send it my way. I'd like to start dropping a few lines to these guys as well, just to tell them thanks for what they're doin, etc.

Dud
"The secret to happiness in life is finding that which you are willing to die for, and begin living for it."

Return to “Letters from School”