Introduction- Andrew

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

AndrewKlesk
Egg

Introduction- Andrew

Post by AndrewKlesk »

Greetings Rangers. My name is Andrew I’m 18 years old and just graduated High School. I have obtained my 11x option 40 contract and leave for basic August 7th. I’m here to hopefully tap this wealth of knowledge and am willing to listen and take advice from anyone willing to help me.
Thank you for your time.
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Re: Introduction- Andrew

Post by BlueLiner »

Andrew, welcome to the site. Why do you want to be a Ranger? What kind of sports did you play in school? Please tell us more about yourself. This website is basically a library of experiences and knowledge that can help you achieve your goal. This is only a small part of it however, the rest is up to you. Some good places to look are the Letters From School thread, PT improvement thread, and the About RASP thread.

Keep us posted, you have some time before you ship out to Ft. Moore.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!
AndrewKlesk
Egg

Post by AndrewKlesk »

Ranger BlueLiner thank you for the reply. I’ve always wanted to be a Ranger. The greatest man I know next to my father was a Ranger and a mentor of mine and I wanted to be like him. He was part of operation Gothic Serpent in Somalia and said he loved every minute he spent at Bat. I also believe it’s the way I can be the most affective in defending my family country and values. I’m the middle of 5 kids and come from a big military family and it’s always been apart of my life. I Played football and was a captain and I also wrestled in high school. Thank you for the advice and the Letters From School thread is my favorite.
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Andrew,

The path you are about to walk on in a few months many have done. You need to 100% and then some commit to this or I promise you will end up somewhere other than your desired finish line. Your mentor will tell you the same thing. When people do not commit 100% to something with the mindset of being all-in, they fail. Keep in mind as you read the Letters From School Thread, take note of everyone's story and who made it, and who didn't, and why. Also, having a background in team sports is a VERY common thing in Regiment.
For physical fitness, you will self-administer an RFT and post your results here within the next week. This is comprised of hand release pushups, plank, 5 mile run, and chin-ups. Once you have a baseline then you know what you need to work on. I would also suggest start taking recovery days in your training if you have not done so already. Proper stretching, sleep, nutrition, and PT'ing with a plan are good places to start. Also, one the best things an old Ranger told me when I was in your shoes was to start learning the Ranger Creed and apply it to your daily life.

Live the Creed, and never quit.

Also, PM inbound.
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!
AndrewKlesk
Egg

Post by AndrewKlesk »

Ranger BlueLiner,
I’ve conducted a Ranger RFT
Hand Release Pushups 51
Plank 4:06
Chin-ups 6
5 mile run N\A
I have a heal injury and could not conduct the 5 mile run at this time without re-injury. I will post an update when I can run that and give you my time. No bs assessment if I had to guess 40-43 minutes which sucks.
And I do have the Ranger Creed memorized and can start and finish at any stanza of the Creed .
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Andrew, give us a SITREP when ya can.

RLTW
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
PUT ON THE FOIL!

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”