Introductions - Joshwakbar

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Joshwakbar
Future Soldier

Introductions - Joshwakbar

Post by Joshwakbar »

Rangers,

My name is Josh and I am a 17 year old student. I am in my senior year of high school and am enlisted as a 68W. I kinda fucked myself and got fucked by my recruiter and at this point it does not appear that I will be able to renegotiate for an option 40(as I was told. Although I know its my fault for signing the contract in the first place). That being said it's out of my control, so I'm not gonna worry about it. I got a lot of other shit to worry about before I think about weather or not there will be space for me (Physical readiness, mental toughness). I go to a vocational school for EMT so I'll be an EMT prior to leaving. I have had high interest in the military, some extended family in different special ops teams, and also strife to be a cut above the rest (in terms of as a soldier and as a medic). That being said unlike my fellow millennials, I know I'm not fucking special. My PT is shit to any Ranger standard, and I leave in 130 days (June 5th) so its fucking do or die. I have not had a APFT recently so I will be sure to conduct one so I can give those willing to help a baseline. I look forward to be a member and receiving helpful advice and mentor-ship. Thank you all for your time.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introductions - Joshwakbar

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Josh, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you're at the right site. We at ArmyRanger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top left of this page, in the quick links. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Please conduct an APFT, within the next 72 hours and post your results on this thread; add pull-ups to your AFPT. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Joshwakbar
Future Soldier

Post by Joshwakbar »

Ranger Jim,
I've have completed my self administered APFT, my scores are as follows
Pushups- 65
Situps- 60
Two mile run- 15:19
Pullups- 7
I'm not going to lie I'm quite disappointed in the results. I may have passed in the big army standards, but those numbers are pretty fucking pathetic. With only 128 days to go before shipping I better get my shit together. It makes me disgusted with myself knowing I claim to want to be a ranger then I perform like dogshit. It's gonna be a long, hard, road ahead. Anyways, a little more about myself, I play rugby (which helps with toughness, and physical conditioning), and I've wanted to be a ranger since before I can remember. I'm also obsessed with emergency pre-hospital medicine, which is why I enlisted as a 68W. There's not much else to it, I look forward to receiving guidance and mentor ship, thank you all.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Please contact Ranger Grim666 by PM.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Joshwakbar
Future Soldier

Post by Joshwakbar »

Thank you for your reply, Ranger Jim. I will be sure to PM Ranger Grim666 immediately.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Joshwakbar wrote:Thank you for your reply, Ranger Jim. I will be sure to PM Ranger Grim666 immediately.
Ranger Grim666 is our expert in all things 68W Option 40. He can provide insights on earning your Option 40 in IET / AIT. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”