Introduction-Greg...Please Read...Asking for help for my Ranger friend

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

GregBrownlow
Egg

Introduction-Greg...Please Read...Asking for help for my Ranger friend

Post by GregBrownlow »

Hello and thank you all for your service.

My name is Greg. I'm 32 years old. I live in Alamosa Colorado. I did not serve.

It says I'm not suppose to post last names on my introduction. I'm here to ask for help for my best friend and retired Ranger Brady.

Brady is a retired Ranger and current Colorado National Guardsman. He served in the Army for 7 years (2004-2012 I believe). He did his basic in Ft. Benning. After Benning he was stationed in Ft. Drum. He served 1 tour in Iraq while stationed in Drum. After he returned from Iraq he started Ranger school and became a Ranger. He then served another tour in Iraq. After returning from his second tour in Iraq he went back to Drum for a while and then transferred to the Air Force base in Florida where they conduct part of the Ranger school (I'm not sure of the name of the base) and became one of the instructors until he left the Army. He then returned to Colorado and joined the Colorado National Guard. He also farms on his family's farm.

The reason I am here is to ask for help for Brady. His wife LaDonna and the mother of their two daughters Savannah (6) and Michelle (3) unexpectedly passed away on Saturday November 12th. Brady left on Friday the 11th (Veterans Day) to haul a load of hay for the farm. When he returned home he found LaDonna passed away in their bed. We are still waiting for the toxicology results but LaDonna had been battling health issues with her back for quite some time. She had recently had back surgery and we assume it was either an accidental overdose of pain medication or a reaction to new medication.

Brady met LaDonna threw her brother who served in the Army with Brady (I'm not sure of his name or the details of his Army career).

Brady's sister has started a GOFUNDME campaign for Brady and his daughters. They set a $5,000 goal for the campaign for funeral expenses and have almost reached that goal. I however believe Brady is in need for more help than funeral expenses. His girls and Brady himself are going to need counselling at least. He is also going to have to hire a babysitter/nanny to help him with the girls while he is working. And I'm sure other unforeseen expenses as well.

Brad is not the type to ask anyone for help and would be pretty upset with me if he knew I was asking his fellow Rangers for help but I know he is going to need some help. Every little bit will help greatly.

For those of you who would like to help Brady and his girls you can donate on the current GOFUNDME campaign or start a new GOFUNDME campaign for him or however you wish.

The current GOFUNDME campaign can be found at
https://www.gofundme.com/the-schaefer-f ... 3397&pos=1
More information can also be found there.

I appreciate anyone who reads this whether you decide to donate or not. I grew up with Brady and he has been my best friend for 20+ years. I work for his father on their family farm. I know this great man and can tell when he is in need.

I know this is not a typical Introduction forum and this might not be the appropriate section to post it so If any of the bosses of this site would like to move it to a more appropriate section I would appreciate it.

Thank you all for your support and your service.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Greg...Please Read...Asking for help for my Ranger friend

Post by Jim »

I checked the GOFUNDME site more than 5,000USD have been raised. RLTW!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
GregBrownlow
Egg

Post by GregBrownlow »

Yep. $5,090 so far. That's awesome. It has surpassed the goal but you can still donate. Thank you all for your support.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

GregBrownlow wrote:Yep. $5,090 so far. That's awesome. It has surpassed the goal but you can still donate. Thank you all for your support.
It is now up to 5390USD. RLTW!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”