Intro-Darrell

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Darrell
Egg

Intro-Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Hello Rangers

I am sure I am older than anyone on this forum interested in enlisting with the hope of Ranger school. I am however, in the best shape of my life. I am the only man in my family's history to not serve. My grandfather who I was very close with was a S SGT in the 5307th. One of the few Marauders to survive from start to finish. I've always let obstacles keep me from my feelings of duty to serve. I've decided that time is over. My wife is in her final year of nursing school and when she is done I should be off to basic shortly after. I made her a promise I would not join the Army for her fear of ending up in a combat unit. So, Ive decided to join the AF and pursue the TACP career path. My goal is ultimately to end up in the 17th STS that supports the 75th. It makes her feel better that I'm joining the AF but we never talked about what path lol. I'm working hard to make sure I am physically ready for the challenge that is TACP School and then ultimately Ranger School. I just feel that I am strong, smart and a good leader that should have contributed long ago. I'm not blind to how difficult it will be, but I'm excited to get this journey in my life started. I'm ready to set the example for my son of making a difference when you can and should. Thank you in advance for your input and advice.

Darrell

Side note: I should learn to read instructions before enlisting since I posted my intro in the wrong thread. Sorry
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Intro-Darrell

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Darrell . . .attention to detail is a must.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: Intro-Darrell

Post by centermass »

**THREAD LOCKED**

Only one intro per customer.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”