Introduction - Blackout

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Blackout
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction - Blackout

Post by Blackout »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Daniel, I'm a 19 year old college student in Phoenix, Arizona. 5'9, 150 lbs. I am trying to enlist in the United States Army as an 11X with an Option 40 contract. I plan to get in touch with a recruiter when I get back home in June. In the meantime, I have been working out and getting in shape to prepare for RASP. I conducted a PT test earlier today, and my results are as follows:
Push-ups - 89
Sit-ups - 86
2 mile run - 13:34
Pull-ups - 13

I have wanted to enlist in the military since I was a small child, and have gone back and forth between Army Rangers and Marines Force Recon up until my Sophomore year of high school when I decided that I wanted to enlist in the Army. The reason I did not enlist right after high school is because my parents really wanted me to try college for at least a year before I go to the military to make sure it is what I wanted (which it is). The reason I chose the Rangers is because I want to be part of the elite, and I know that the Rangers and the SOF community as a whole are the best of the best. I have been researching RASP, the Regiment and its history, and reading the Ranger Handbook for the past 6 or so months as well as physically preparing for the challenge ahead. I have also been reading posts on this site for about three weeks before I registered and made this introduction.

I will not quit, no matter what. I want to be a Ranger more than anything, and while I know you all have heard that, I mean it with everything I have. I look forward to learning and being mentored from all of you Rangers here. Thank you all for your time!
11x Opt. 40
Ship date 20160919

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Blackout

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Daniel.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Welcome here, there is a lot of good information and advice on this site. Good luck.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Blackout
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Blackout »

Thank you for the welcome Rangers IntelToad and CharlieRanger1FFV!
11x Opt. 40
Ship date 20160919

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Daniel. You have established a PT baseline to build on, that's great. If you really want to earn a space in the 75th Ranger Regiment you came to the right site. We take great pride in the fine young men who pass thru this site on their journey toward earning a space in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Plead read all the FAQS, stickies, threads, and posts. You will find insights toward dealing with MEPs. The search feature located on the top right of this page is your friend. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Blackout
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Blackout »

Thank you for the welcome Ranger Jim. I look forward to learning here, and making it into the coveted Ranger Regiment.
11x Opt. 40
Ship date 20160919

Blackout
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Blackout »

Rangers,

A lot has happened in the two months that I have since posted here. I finished my second semester of college, and started and finished the process to enlist in the Army. I was able to enlist with an 11X Op.40 contract, and have a ship date of 20160919. I am very excited for this opportunity and will be spending all of the next 3 months, as well as all of OSUT and Airborne school preparing for RASP. I appreciate all of the information that you all have provided for me, as it helped me to both stay in shape and secure my contract.

On a side note, I will be unable to be on this site for the next two weeks due to vacation starting tomorrow. I will post as soon as I return. I hope that is not an issue.

Thank you Rangers, have a good day.
11x Opt. 40
Ship date 20160919

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Enjoy your vacation and you will have plenty of time for your task-list when you return. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”