SITREP- Darryn

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
labod
BANNED

Re: SITREP- Darryn

Post by labod »

Roger, Ranger Jim.

Roger, Ranger Affirm.
labod
BANNED

Post by labod »

Brief SITREP.

Rangers, we were given the class roster today if who would be classing up next week as 02-15. Myself and all other mentees excluding luckyonethree (V-dubbed) will be heading there next Monday. We had our PT test last week as Gerrick had said and I scored a 276. The lowest in our now group of 5 but still my best score so far. I will continue to work hard so that I may improve.

Rangers, I am excited to start RASP next week. It feels like it has been just a thought for the longest time but is now officially a reality. I will continue to post SITREPS as I and the other mentees progress.

Respectfully, Darryn.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Never weaken, never quit, never back down. You prepared for this, now get out there and earn it. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

Don't quit!
Bco 3/75 08-11' Death Angels
TCCC/LTT instructor - SIMMEC Training Solutions 11-14
7232nd MSU Fort Hood, TX 14-Present
"Doc, I feel a bunch of warm stuff going down my body..."
labod
BANNED

Post by labod »

Roger, Ranger rangerjd.

Roger, Ranger gRavepc.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I expect great things from all of yoi. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
carbonlife4010
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by carbonlife4010 »

Thanks for the sitrep Darryn!
94F OPT. 40
Ship Date: 20141230

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

How about an update, Darryn.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
labod
BANNED

Post by labod »

Rangers,

I withdrew from RASP last Wednesday. Not because I felt it too difficult or too strenuous, but I took a step back to look at where I was and realized that I feel that I am not mentally where I need to be in order to serve effectively with the 75th. I withdrew not for myself to make it easier, but in hopes that by doing so now, I will have not have hindered future team and squad members because I was not mentally focused.

I have not quit altogether, however. My plan is to go to my assigned unit, gain experience and knowledge, work on my skills, professionalism, and mentality, attempt to earn my Ranger Tab, and then hopefully I will be granted the opportunity of returning back to RASP 1 when I have reached E-4 or E-5.

My deepest apologies for letting you down Rangers, I lost the battle but not the war.
I will continue to take active part on these forums while I continue my military career.

-Darryn
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

labod wrote:Rangers,

I withdrew from RASP last Wednesday. Not because I felt it too difficult or too strenuous, but I took a step back to look at where I was and realized that I feel that I am not mentally where I need to be in order to serve effectively with the 75th. I withdrew not for myself to make it easier, but in hopes that by doing so now, I will have not have hindered future team and squad members because I was not mentally focused.

I have not quit altogether, however. My plan is to go to my assigned unit, gain experience and knowledge, work on my skills, professionalism, and mentality, attempt to earn my Ranger Tab, and then hopefully I will be granted the opportunity of returning back to RASP 1 when I have reached E-4 or E-5.

My deepest apologies for letting you down Rangers, I lost the battle but not the war.
I will continue to take active part on these forums while I continue my military career.

-Darryn
You didn't withdraw, you quit. Let's call a spade a spade. Take what you've learned so far and drive on. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

DOR = I quit. Spare us the "I fell on my sword for the team" bullshit.

You wasted a lot of people's time, energy and assets. No need to stay here. Quitting spreads, the DEP's here don't need to be around you. Sounds harsh but that's just blunt truth, it's a fucking cancer to young minds.

Be the best soldier you can be. You chose the easy way, now go follow it.

Ranger standards are very high for a reason. You don't just quit and get to stay around like nothing happened.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Temporarily locking thread.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

labod wrote:I withdrew from RASP last Wednesday. Not because I felt it too difficult or too strenuous, but I took a step back to look at where I was and realized that I feel that I am not mentally where I need to be in order to serve effectively with the 75th. I withdrew not for myself to make it easier, blah blah blah fucking blah
I'm going to tell you what my hunch is young man - You were no where close to where you needed to be physically, PT wise, as you should have been and rather than take an embarrassing ass whooping on the APFT for all to see, it was more like you threw in the towel, caved in, gave up, walked away, however you want you to phrase it, YOU QUIT, plain and simple. Over the last several months, your posts prove exactly that. Ranger Affirm even told you while you were in RASP Hold not to get complacent and lazy. You obviously blew him off as well.

You know how many others, with the heart, fitness and smarts got cheated out of an Option 40 slot not available because you took it and wasted it with a pathetic explanation such as this? Not to mention, the numerous Rangers on this board, who took the time to counsel you, offer you guidance, assist you in your goals, only to have you throw your hands up in the air at the moment of truth and say "That's it, this isn't for me" ??? Seriously????
labod wrote:I have not quit altogether

Yeah you did. The technicality of making this sham of a statement "I did not quit altogether" in the eyes of others, is BS. You faced a task, a monumental one at that. You knew what was required of yourself in order to face it. And rather than preparing yourself with overkill in order to ensure you were properly prepared, both mentally and physically, you slacked off, the entire time, thinking you would do just enough to get by.

And when reality hit, you took the easy way out.
labod wrote:however. My plan is to go to my assigned unit, gain experience and knowledge, work on my skills, professionalism, and mentality, attempt to earn my Ranger Tab, and then hopefully I will be granted the opportunity of returning back to RASP 1 when I have reached E-4 or E-5.
And what, get there again only to have you waste another slot, time and resources better left for those who have the heart, soul and dedication necessary to succeed to actually make it?

Quite frankly, I don't think you have the sack to do so.

You now have established a pattern of the ordinary, not the extraordinary. You want the brass ring, but not willing to make the effort required to achieve it. Willing to just settle rather than excel. I hope living with that shame on your shoulders weighs as heavy as a 90 lb ruck, reminding you always, what you had and what you gave up rather than manning the hell up, persevering in the face of adversity and overcoming whatever was thrown your way.

I hope you feel like shit, but somehow, I doubt that you will, now that you've taken the easy way out.
labod wrote:My deepest apologies for letting you down Rangers, I lost the battle but not the war.

-Darryn
In light of what you did, myself and the rest of the staff are contemplating exactly that. Whether or not to allow to continue your stay here.

What I think would be more appropriate would be to have that decided by your peers, both current and former.

Once it is, you'll be the first one to know.

Until then, consider yourself on probation. Don't post anything further until that happens.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Affirm wrote:You quit and you are making excuses for it. Don't bother trying to come to Regiment later. I sure as fuck would never want you working for me and no NCO here wants a pussy for a subordinate.

You got your chance. Have fun in leg land.
Spoken like a true Tabbed Out Spec 4, makes my heart fill good. :twisted: Drive on Ranger Affirm! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
Retired 95

Return to “Letters from School”