Career Advice

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

musicmano3596
Paratrooper

Career Advice

Post by musicmano3596 »

Hello Rangers,

So I am requesting any and all advice. My command offered me another possible career path today.

They said that they will sign the 4187 for me to go back to RASP, or they will send me to Ranger School as soon as we redeploy stateside, and I can go to RASP when I PCS. Not really sure which path would be best. I realize their are pro's and con's to both, just wanting some opinions from those that have been down these routes. Thanks!
Infantryman
Currently overseas assigned to 4th Brigade (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division.
Sparta Lives!
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Re: Career Advice

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

What rank are you and what's your TIS? I'd be somewhat wary of a unit saying they'd release you after getting one of their Ranger School slots and you come back with your tab. Especially if there's a change of command around that time frame.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Career Advice

Post by Jim »

musicmano3596 wrote:Hello Rangers,

So I am requesting any and all advice. My command offered me another possible career path today.

They said that they will sign the 4187 for me to go back to RASP, or they will send me to Ranger School as soon as we redeploy stateside, and I can go to RASP when I PCS. Not really sure which path would be best. I realize their are pro's and con's to both, just wanting some opinions from those that have been down these routes. Thanks!
I would tell you to remain loyal to your CoC. Loyalty is a two-way street. Complete your tour and do the best you can in the unit. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “The Mosh Pit”