RIP graduation

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
proud dad
Tadpole

RIP graduation

Post by proud dad »

I was thinking back recently about when I attended my Son's RIP Gradution and there was an Officer from the 2nd Batt. (I don't remember his rank) who was a guest speaker. As he started his speach he told the new Rangers to look at him in the eyes and proceded to explain to them that they had shown what it took to get into a Ranger Battlion, but by this time next year only half of them would still be there, that most of them wouldn't have what it takes to remain in Batt. Some of them would be hurt in training , and some of them would be dead.
You could hear the parents gasp as he said this and at the time I thought he didn't need to say this, it was these young soldiers day to shine and they didn't need this on their gradution day.
It has been a year and half now and he was correct in every way. I don't know the figures on the whole graduating class, but for those who were attached to 3rd Batt it is well below 50%.
Thought I would put this out there to let hopefuls know that it is just starting when you get to Batt.
rbarger
Ranger

Post by rbarger »

Thanks for the post Proud Dad. The BTDT's on this site have been telling these wannabees for awhile now that making it through RIP is the easy part. I hope your son is doing well.
B. Co. 3/75 88-92
RIP Det. 75th Regt. 92-93
C. Co. 3/75 93-95
Bell

Post by Bell »

Nobody said it would be easy. Rangers are trained to be warriors. Warriors fight and kill the enemy. The enemy does everything it can to kill those warriors. Shit happens.

The discipline is hard and the training is harder. You couldn't ask for finer troops than Airborne Rangers. They will always lead the way. If the job makes you nervous, then it's time to get another job. The military can accomodate ya.

I've never been so proud of anyone in my life. Everytime I hear of a firefight with Rangers involved, my heart soars. I know that those boys will get the job done.

If it was easy, everybody would do it.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “About RASP”